cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

carpet??

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know whether it is possible to get a 5th wheel with no carpet any where at all in the unit? Is it possible to order one that way? Thanks
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
19 REPLIES 19

scrapperlila
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up our custom ordered Big Country and had minimal carpet. I bought a large lightweight area rug that can easily be picked up and shaken out. We dry camp a lot so we just want to sweep. Hope you get what you want

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Each their own! we all have different likes and that is great! wouldn't life be boring if we all had same likes and dislikes ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have carpet in all 3 bathrooms and also the half bath and always have. Nope, none ever stink at all. Some people must have learned to be a better shot than others, I guess. Don't have to include the females though because if they can't hit all in the pot, there's just no hope for them!

Under the table, always was and always will be. Never any stains on our carpets there either!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Some folks have their pet peeves I guess. I've always had carpet under the table. Even when our house has hardwood throughout the kitchen, we still have a carpet under then table.

But then again I aim better in the kitchen than I do in the bathroom ๐Ÿ™‚
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
we could manage the carpet in slides if we have to but not under the table!!! I mean really why on earth would you have carpet underneath a table? Makes no sense. That's like having carpet in a bathroom!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Ours can be ordered without carpet (except for the slides). I guess there isn't a good way to eliminate the carpet on the slides unless it was specifically built that way. The carpet hides the seam and slide hardware at the joint for a flush floor.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our Puma because of little carpet. The slide still does have carpet. The rest is a wood floor look & does not seem to be slick even wet. Easier to clean without carpet. The sand just does not come out of the carpet & the carpet looks like******after a year of use............ No carpet for us.

Our carpet in the house is now gone too. It was nasty underneath the hardwood laminate is cleaner & easier for us. Looks much better without the carpet. The laminate is a hand scraped look & scratch resistant. Looks like new after 6 years can't say that for carpet.

To each their own..... ๐Ÿ™‚

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you like carpet travelnutz, but hubby and I just got rid of all our carpet in our home and replaced with hardwood and yes it is more work but I promise you, you can walk on our floors with white socks and be impressed. Our drive way is black top and that gets on shoes and drags all kind of dirt on carpeting. So anyway much more work I must say but I know its clean. on vacation this past sept. we had a whole plate of barbeque ribs dumped on TT floor and thank goodness for no carpet. That was an adult not grandbaby! LOL Anyway each their own:) Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
caysea7254,

In this day and age, there's little chance of buying or finding any carpet that is NOT non-allergenic! As for "grandbabies", dirt/sand/germs/etc lays right on top of a hard floor just waiting for the grandbaby's hand to transport it to the their mouth as that's where a baby's hand always goes first. However with carpet, the dirt/sand drops down between the fibers of the carpet and then it's easily and efficiently sucked up and out by a simple vaccuum cleaner. Shampooing or detergent washing does the same thing to both carpet and hard floors, it cleans them! Sweeping hard floors doesn't remove the germs at all but it sure does spread them around!

BTW, we not only had our own babies but had 8 "grandbabies" and now had/have 6 "great grandbabies" as some are older now and in only a couple years will have "great great grandbabies" roaming our carpets in our homes and RV's. A very nice soft padded landing for their falls and headbumps...

For grandma and grandpa too!
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
We have always had carpet in our 5th wheel. When we had the carpet changed in 2010, we went with wall to wall.
Running the vacuum is easier for us than washing or sweeping the floor. It's what works for us. Hugs, Di
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

retispcsi
Explorer
Explorer
Yes on the fiver in my sig I got what they call the Louisiana cut. Carpet under the slides in the living area only tile throughout living area, bath and hall. Bedroom has carpet due to the slides. I saw an Excel Limited at a show with all wood laminate it sure was pretty. Yes they do charge you extra for removing the carpet at least DRV does. We have dogs and with all the dirt we haul in when camping the tile is much nicer and easier to clean.
2015 Mobile Suites 38 RSSA. 2014 Ram CC DRW 4x4 60 gal RDS Aisin 4:10.
DW, Shadow, Remington and Ron. Living the good life till the next one arrives.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with you caysea, sand sweeps right out the door with no carpet.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We are just not a fan of carpet. Allergies for one and Grand babies the other ๐Ÿ™‚
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
I would think most manufacturers would delete carpet for a price!