cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclone 4100 satelite issues

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a tailgator for the cyclone and can only get a TV picture on living room and storage compartment TV. My plug in center has 3 connections, the middle operates the storage compartment TV and the right operates the living room. on the backside of the right one there is a splitter which I would assume works another TV but I can't get a second one to work. the far left input we can't get to work on anything. can someone help me get a setup so that the satellite will work on all four TVs. thanks.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King
11 REPLIES 11

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
I have 3 coax connections in my TV cabinet. One goes to the living room Tv. One connects to the satellite in port on my receiver and the other goes to the "out to tv" connection on the receiver. This allows me to watch either antenna or satellite on any of my 4 Tv's.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
Ok forget my last post, I found this on the HL forum:

I just paid $75 for a service call to figure out how to make SAT TV work in my 2014 Cyclone that is wired for cable, SAT, and antenna. You would think this would be better labeled at the connections or explained in a manual since many of us campers prefer satellite service moving around as much as we do. My Direct TV guy took out a splitter behind the removable panel access in the basement that allows access to the backside of the incoming utilities connection -universal docking station? He said this splitter was not compatible with satellite (maybe because I have HD dish). He installed a new compatible splitter $15. He ended up using a gray cable that goes to the bedroom from the cable connection as a primary satellite signal directly to the bedroom. He moved the landing of the gray cable from the bedroom antenna to the bedroom satellite connector. i believe he told me that there were NO cables connected to the satellite connection in the bedroom. That receiver then back feeds the rest of the camper to display the same channel as is on the TV in bedroom. I have on the new splitter primary SAT to living room so I can run HD on my liv room TV on a separate HD receiver (existing original installed cable). He said he could put another splitter/distribution connector up by the HD liv room TV and it could back feed the other TVs to display the same channel as on the liv room TV to rest of coach. I currently prefer to have independent HD service in liv room. Since I have limited knowledge of how to best set up this system, I chose to pay the expert ( on my last four RVs). At the price we pay for brand new campers, you would think you would be able to just hook up at outside location and have it work, but maybe I expect too much. Good luck.

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
I think you have to jumper from the double plate in the BR this ties the sat feed to the BR to the cable feed in the storage. Just a little 10" loop right at the plate. On the Cyclone forum somebody had an explanation of the routing.

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to test the bad connection theory. The part that has me puzzled is where the splitter is, one cord goes to LR TV and I can get a signal and I have no clue where the second cord goes. I'm assuming that I can't get satellite in the cargo hold since there is only a single coax plug in back there as opposed to 2 in LV, BR, and storage compartment.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

micahmiles
Explorer
Explorer
You'd be wasting time pulling new cables that's ridiculous. Nothing wrong with your coax cables, but they may need re-terminating (new connectors) ans possibly adding or removing signal distribution devices such as splitters or amps. Below is part of my recommendations from an old post I've had.......

3. If you want to send the cable or sattelite feed with a high quality signal to other televisions, I suggest doing what I've done and add a ZeeVee HD RF modulator. This will insert your own HD channel (I use channel 10) on the RF system that feeds all televisions. This way you only need one sat or cable receiver (which is all you can have if you use a dish tailgater system, which I also recommend).

4. With only one sat or cable receiver you'll eventually want to add an RF universal remote control, such as those from Universal Remote Control compan (URC).

Your manufacturer probably did, more than likely, wire it correctly, but they often use cheap crimp connectors instead is compression fittings. Wherever you have poor signal you just need to cut off and replace the connector on the back of the wall plates or at the splitter.

I'm not a site vendor. My company does sale these products, but I recommend finding someone locally that could help you with all this. I have owned a commercial A/V integration and engineering business for more than 10 years.

Hope this helps.

katoomer
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know anything about Heartland products but almost all rv's are wired to standards from 15 yrs ago.
it would most likely be easier to pull all new coax.
2009 Newmar Ventana 3942
2010 Pace Shadow 18ft
2010 KTM 450 XCW six days
2010 Can Am Outlander 650 XT
2014 Can Am Outlander 500
2007 Yamaha YZ250F
1989 Douglas Skater 21' Twin 2.5s

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Also the cargo TV only has one coax port. I believe this is just for the std antenna. does this mean that it will not be able to have satellite?
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
How are u finding the wires that go to the br TV and cargo TV? I can't trace the wires.
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King

IOWASTROKER
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the same issue with all three of our TH. Tech support told me to look in the 110volt AC in master for the coax. No such luck. Just put a Winegard on our new Cyclone. Going to put a splitter on backside of my DirecTV receiver box. One to the LR big LED , then go to basement in water pump bay and connect the other one to the one that goes to Master ...after a continuity test from that bay up to the coax box behind that TV.

jimtoo
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the Heartland Owners Forum and join up. I'm sure someone there will be able to help you.
Happy Camping
Drive Safe
Jim & Bette
Texas Sweetheart Rally
George West Storyfest, 1st Sat of Nov.

04 GMC 3500, CC,Dually,Duramax,Allison
CB Radio, MaxBrake, Turboliner, Ride Rites
09 Bighorn by Heartland, 3670RL, Trailair Pinbox, Equaflex.

rayford118
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone? Main goal is to be able to have satellite on all TV's
2013 F350 Platinum
2014 Cyclone 4100 King