cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did DutchmenSport Bug Out?

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Noticed that DS has gone through all his posts back to 12/31/18 and edited them - erasing all the content and replacing with the word Delete

Clicky

I saw a post where the author was griping about him being a know-it-all. It was closed by the mod but not deleted for some reason.

Anyone know the reason for this?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
48 REPLIES 48

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
SageCrispin wrote:
2112 wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
I feel bad for those just getting into RVing that have many questions when starting out. Just like I did. Who will help them from making costly or dangerous mistakes? No one! It's a shame. It really is!
There are other less hostile RV forums and social media groups to draw on. They will get their information elsewhere if they seek it

2112: Where are you referring to specifically? I could really use a place like that. I miss what this place used to be....

ForestRiverForums is one.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Me Again wrote:
Walaby wrote:
I hope he comes back too, but I suspect he was "booted", because most forum software is setup that if you ban a member, then all of their posts get deleted.

If he was booted, that is total ********

Mike

I do not believe that is a fact here on RV.net. Chris

I just perused through my profile and user stuff, and I can see no where that I could delete all my posts. If he went in and deleted each on individually, that's a lot of work. Sure wish a mod would see this thread and at least comment whether it was his choosing or what.

Mike

SageCrispin
Explorer
Explorer
2112 wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
I feel bad for those just getting into RVing that have many questions when starting out. Just like I did. Who will help them from making costly or dangerous mistakes? No one! It's a shame. It really is!
There are other less hostile RV forums and social media groups to draw on. They will get their information elsewhere if they seek it

2112: Where are you referring to specifically? I could really use a place like that. I miss what this place used to be....
We've run out in the house, but the RV has two.

Damon Challenger.
Jeep Unlimited toad

I wasn't going to comment, although I've followed this thread since it was posted, but here I am.

Yes, I too feel the same as the vast majority here. I enjoyed DS's participation here, his posts were always good and informative.

I am saddened to see things go sideways like this. I've been on this forum for longer than most and I've seen good people come and go.

It is my opinion that the flamers should be dealt with, nip it in the bud.

Not sure why DS would edit his posts like that. Too bad it happened.
Some have commented about perhaps him being modded. No, that's not so. Mods don't do that to posts. If they delete, the whole thing is gone. If they edit, it says mod edited at the bottom. DS has edited his own posts.

Sad, I hope he returns to be a part of our family and friends here. Gonna miss him.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

I am another one that looked at almost every one of DS's posts because they usually were meaningful..

To think that a newby could drive away someone like that is just wrong.... I have learned to have thicker skin since being on these forums, MOST of the posters mean well, no matter what they are typing..

DutchmanSport, hope you come back soon....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Explorer II
Explorer II
RobWNY wrote:
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Many legitimate members here have done what DS has apparently done. Myself included for the most part although I haven't deleted my posts. I used to log in here daily. Sometimes several times a day if I had the time. Now I come to the site maybe once a week and post questions, comments or answers rarely. All it takes is a few idiots behind their computer screen to ruin it. Then when a valued long time member gets fed up and leaves, the rest of the legitimate members that remain are saddened or surprised. Maybe if this site was better managed and moderated this type of thing would be a rarity rather than the norm but it isn't the case so this is what is left. For example, I've reported people in the past for their rude and childish behavior and nothing happens. You don't even get an acknowledgement that anyone received your complaint! The only time you see any action by moderators on here is if someone posts something political. I feel bad for those just getting into RVing that have many questions when starting out. Just like I did. Who will help them from making costly or dangerous mistakes? No one! It's a shame. It really is!
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
His account is still active. Posts back to 12/31/2018 have been changed to deleted. I believe that is something he chose to do himself.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I tried to PM the offender. Hilariously he had the account set up so that only buddies could PM him.
Puma 30RKSS

Sea_Six
Explorer
Explorer
So birdnst is still a member here and DutchmenSport is gone?

So in essence did we really just trade a valuable poster like DutchmenSport for a troll like birdnst?

I sure hope not. Birdnst do us all a favor and take your own advice. Log off and don't return.

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
I am surprised that a post that is older that a week or more can be changed, deleted.
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Hate to say it but yeah, the mod bombed on that one but in thier defense, I've never seen anyone act like that.
In retrospect the mod should have deleted the entire post and then go off-line to tell "Birdnst" to get bent.

Ductape, thanks for digging that up and getting us the whole story.
Birdnst=blocked.

Hopefully if DS ventures back he'll realize that this bird brains thoughts are his and his alone (and not worth the pixels they occupy).

Keithk3628
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmanSport is one of about 6 posters I have always made it a point to read his stuff. Didn't' matter the subject but I always enjoyed his posts.

His posts were never bitter or spiteful and seemed to always be helpful. I hope he comes back because we need more like him.

Keith

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
I hope he comes back too, but I suspect he was "booted", because most forum software is setup that if you ban a member, then all of their posts get deleted.

Mike

I do not believe that is a fact here on RV.net. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike