cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ex -rental Jayco 26.5 RLS

5_K_Nucks
Explorer
Explorer
Went and looked at a 2015 ex rental. Sales guy says that they get a few units from Jayco specifically for rental. The floor plan is the same but a few subtle things like lino step to bedroom. Anyone have a inside scoop on rental use units? Sadly dealer wants almost the same price as a new unit and there is NO Jayco warranty as it was used as a rental......
20 REPLIES 20

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Just don't let all that sideways talk from the Dealer convince you that you have to spend more than its worth because of the economy. Just remember these things have a HUGE markup. (40-50% in some cases)
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

5_K_Nucks
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You all for your expertise , wisdom and fuel for thought. We will be going to get a new one though is will be a bit of driving to the dealership in the the interior of British Columbia ( Kelowna ) as they still have one left. Given the strong US dollar it is more expensive for us. Dealers are cashing in on supply and demand... as I'm sure if they got the unit earlier at a lower price (last year) they may not pass on the savings to the buyer.

Pull on..folks.

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
laknox wrote:
csamayfield55 wrote:
Walaby wrote:
Would you buy a car that was a previous rental?

I would run away.. Especially if the price is basically the cost of a new trailer. Why would that even be a question?

Mike

My Mom did and it was one of the best cars she ever had. She also got the factory warranty that had about 14K miles left as well as a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. She also paid about 2/3 of a brand new vehicle cost.

Sounds to me like they are just trying to shaft you.

Chris

Apples and kumquats, Chris. Since the car had factory-backed warranty, it is worth a whole lot more. IMO, that rental FW should be half of MSRP at the absolute max, especially if the dealer isn't willing to warrant it at all.

Lyle

He was the one asking the question about the car not me. I would NEVER EVER own a rental RV especially after seeing what the scum bags coming back from Burning man every year do to them in the desert.

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 1 year old Wilderness TT from a fleet used by Viacom for making movies locally. It was never titled or plated, actually pristine, but in retrospect I got no real discount and there was no incentive to buy it over a new one. I did get the full warranty.

I also bought a rental MH once - U-Haul. Didn't even know it was a rental I was the third (maybe fourth) owner. I finally figured it out by the outline of U-Haul in the hood when I waxed the nose. I was a naive kid so I didn't notice the fact that they had restored it with different colors of carpet and fabrics and it smelled like the bottom of a beer wagon. In retrospect I wouldn't get a rental again.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
csamayfield55 wrote:
Walaby wrote:

I would run away.. Especially if the price is basically the cost of a new trailer. Why would that even be a question?

Mike

My Mom did and it was one of the best cars she ever had. She also got the factory warranty that had about 14K miles left as well as a 3 year bumper to bumper warranty. She also paid about 2/3 of a brand new vehicle cost.

Chris

Apples and kumquats, Chris. Since the car had factory-backed warranty, it is worth a whole lot more. IMO, that rental FW should be half of MSRP at the absolute max, especially if the dealer isn't willing to warrant it at all.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:

Mike

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

busmanRG
Explorer
Explorer
Run, don't walk. And I would definitely find a new dealer. This one smells fishy.

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
First of all, is it in good shape and do you like it? They already made profit on it so it may be a good opportunity to lowball the heck out of them! They can only so no. I have NO compassion for salesmen/dealers. Craig
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like they're using the rental to make you think a brand new one is a much better deal.

Walk away.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
X-9

Discussion not too long ago about used Class C MHs from one
of the big name rental companies.

Xln't pricing, completely refurbished - with one year warranty.
And, of course, that has a driveline.

So (IMO) that dealer is "bottom of the barrel" -

It would normally go to the *AUCTION* lot/s - maybe that's where it came from!..:(

Run Forest, run!!..:W

~

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
Like EVERYONE else stated above me.... don't walk away--- RUN AWAY.. I cannot figure out how a dealer plans on getting almost full value for a non warranty , used and abused rental unit..:h

X7 Or X8 what ever!!
Unless the dealer is willing to cone well down on the selling price, this is a USED (VERY), and without a warranty I would be telling hime to take a hike.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Like EVERYONE else stated above me.... don't walk away--- RUN AWAY.. I cannot figure out how a dealer plans on getting almost full value for a non warranty , used and abused rental unit..:h
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rentals get a short and rough life for the most part. It should be deeply discounted since it has had rental use.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot