cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiberglass Cracking on my 2015 Montana

omextreme
Explorer
Explorer
Well my shop just called. My rig is been in for repairs for a broken wall support for 13 weeks and they just found another issue. They found a series of horizontal cracks in the fiberglass above the bedroom slide. They have not assessed them yet but I am curious what yall think. Cosmetic or more serious?

34 REPLIES 34

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
Document everything, get and keep copies of all electronic and paper correspondence, and repairs . Get names of anyone involved , from the people in Keystone right down to the guys that do the repair work. Get lots and lots of pictures, if this thing fails again Keystone will have to take responsibility for future repairs.
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

Dave_Jeanette
Explorer
Explorer
I would ask the dealer who they talked to at Keystone and then call them yourself to find out if they ever even called to have the unit brought back to the factory. I have read a lot of folks say the dealer they were working with called the factory, when in fact they had not.
2015 Ford F350 CC DRW 6.7L PS Diesel
2016 Grand Design Solitude 379FL

omextreme
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the insight. I am not looking to "run to a lawyer" I just need to know what my options may be if this becomes even more of an issue. My shop initially requested keystone repair at their facility and they declined, That was before this crack showed up. Now that they have already completed the big side wall repair I am sure keystone will want them to tackle the side cracking too. I am happy to play nice as long as I can. Basically all i want is to have use of a camper that paid good money for and I want to use it for a long, long time

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Circumstances have changed - have you asked the current shop what they think?
Kevin

kohai
Explorer
Explorer
Be very aggressive and pushy and persistent. Make it your hobby.

It's cheaper than a lawyer.
2014 Primetime Crusader 296BHS
2015 GMC 2500HD Denali

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
donn0128 wrote:
I would bet you have a frame failure. Hire a lawyer.

My first thought, too. The dealer needs to strip the entire front-end down to the frame to =really= find out what's going on.

Contact your state AG's office of consumer fraud.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Last time I had to use a lawyer, (for a non-RV related matter) ... they charged $250 and hour. To give a simple answer as "Go get a lawyer!' IS NOT the answer for some folks. It does not take very long to rack up $3000 - $4000 worth of lawyer expenses .... REAL FAST! (I know, been there, done that!)

The OP needs to work the dealership. Sounds like the dealership IS trying to fix the problems!

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Talk of lawyers will get the thread closed. Maybe "seek professional help"? Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would bet you have a frame failure. Hire a lawyer.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
omextreme wrote:
newman fulltimer wrote:
It should have told you something when keystone did not even want it back.Do yourselfa favor get rid of the headache

I really wish that was an option, I cannot afford to take the hit on selling this one after only 6 months. Our last bumper pull was a keystone and it was wonderful, not a single issue so we went with keystone again....

And it will be a **** shoot with any other brand. Pick your poison ,and hope for the best

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
rehless wrote:
I have a 2012 Montana, lots of problems, no more Keystone any thing.

I have a 2008 Montana fifth wheel , and other then graphics has been an excellent fifth wheel . Our reviews of ANY fifth really have no merit, you will find these kind of reviews with any brand of RV. You have no idea if you chose a Heartland brand what you were going to get, whether it would be better or worse then what you had.

omextreme
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
It should have told you something when keystone did not even want it back.Do yourselfa favor get rid of the headache

I really wish that was an option, I cannot afford to take the hit on selling this one after only 6 months. Our last bumper pull was a keystone and it was wonderful, not a single issue so we went with keystone again....

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
shepstone wrote:
X3 that certainly shouldnt be happening, is it still under warranty?

X4 - - There is no way ANYONE BUT KEYSTONE should be bothered with this fix! New in September... They should rethink their position.

X5
Time to get a lawyer!
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer

shepstone wrote:
X3 that certainly shouldnt be happening, is it still under warranty?

X4 - - There is no way ANYONE BUT KEYSTONE should be bothered with this fix! New in September... They should rethink their position.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet