cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

fifth wheel furnace

costa33
Explorer
Explorer
hello'''''''i have HYROFLAME 8500 SERIES COMES ON FOR ABOUT 10 SECS GOES OFF COMES ON ALITTLE LONGER NEXT TIMES GOES OFF COMES ON EVEV LONGER...ABOUT 30 TO 45 SECS THEN SHUTS OFF FOR 1HR .....ANY IDEAS
7 REPLIES 7

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a good flame at stove top? If not you may have turned on the propane valve to quickly. You'll need to turn off the valve, wait a few minutes and then turn it back on slowly.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

partsman01
Explorer
Explorer
RoyF wrote:
One thing you might check: there is a metal sensor (don't know what it's called) that is supposed to be kept hot by the flame; the gas is cut off if the sensor doesn't get hot. Sensor can become coated with carbon buildup. (That happened to my home furnace.) You can clean it with fine sandpaper.

That would be the thermocouple right?
It needs to be in the path of the flame, but in the correct spot.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Warm air blowing on t-stat will cause cycling problems but usually longer duration between cycles.

The short cycling you are experiencing could be due to:
Restricted discharge air flow.......make sure all registers are clear and flowing air
Restricted return air flow.....make sure that return side of furnace is not obstructed
Furnace over-firing due to High propane pressure....pressure should be 11" WC with at least 50% of other propane appliances in service.
High limit switch is faulty.......190*F switch (need to pull furnace to access)
(You can check for 12V fluctuation at connector on circuit board----white wire marked AIR on board. If limit switch is opening/closing power will come/go at that contact)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Where is your thermostat in relation to the closest heating vent. My thermostat is just outside of the living room/ bathroom door and the closest floor vent is just inside the bathroom, so if I leave the bathroom door open the air blows directly on the thermostat and causes it to short cycle just as you describe. Just something to consider before you begin throwing money at the "problem". Could be as simple as closing a door or redirecting a floor vent.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Stefonius
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP: Why are you SHOUTING AT US?
2003 F450 Crew Cab, 7.3 PSD "Truckasaurus"
2010 Coachmen North Ridge 322RLT fiver "Habitat for Insanity"
I love my tent, but the DW said, "RV or Divorce"...

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be sveral things
Low batt voltage
Stuck sail switch
Dirty or bad thermal couple
Dirty orfice
Bad board
Blocked chamber
As suggested on hundreds of threads on here that is a start for you to check

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
One thing you might check: there is a metal sensor (don't know what it's called) that is supposed to be kept hot by the flame; the gas is cut off if the sensor doesn't get hot. Sensor can become coated with carbon buildup. (That happened to my home furnace.) You can clean it with fine sandpaper.