cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fireplace

Rockchuck
Explorer
Explorer
Tried to search and really could not find an answer...
I see alot of new units have a fireplace in them.. how much heat do
these actually give off? any issues? How much propane do they use compared to the furnace?

Thanks... RC
68 REPLIES 68

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
I installed one in my 5ver.....use it constantly. Have not used the furnace at all.
cpaulsen

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
C-Bears wrote:
We have had the built-in electric fireplace in our last two fivers. We also utilize a small box ceramic heater and a tower ceramic heater. Furnace comes on when temps fall below 35 or so.

I think the fireplaces are worth it.

but you also need two electric heaters to make it work right.
bumpy

C-Bears
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the built-in electric fireplace in our last two fivers. We also utilize a small box ceramic heater and a tower ceramic heater. Furnace comes on when temps fall below 35 or so.

I think the fireplaces are worth it.
2014 Montana 3725RL (Goodyear G614 Tires, Flow Thru TPMS)

SPENDING THE WINTERS AT OUR HOME IN SW FLORIDA. THE REST OF THE YEAR SEEING THE U.S. FROM OUR LIVING ROOM WINDOW!

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have one in my cardinal, use it all the time to take the chill out of the air. It will heat the whole camper if the temps do not get much below 40.

I tried the dvd route to watch the fake fire but then I could not watch tv. I also had a hard time getting the heat out of the dvd, must not have read that part.

Fire place well worth the money
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have a ceramic cube electric heater in my bedroom. It sits on the build in dresser by the window and it is good for a quick warm up in the small bedroom area, but for the much larger rear area I absolutely love the electric fireplace and use it daily during the winter. Mine is made by Dimplex and their web site has very good DIY instructions for repair. When mine quit working last winter I removed it and fixed it per instructions d/l from the Dimplex site.

It works much better than a ceramic cube in a larger area.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
spend $17 on a ceramic cube heater and be ahead. if you need a fake fire, get a DVD, my DVD also will play christmas tunes.
bumpy

Ohiojude
Explorer
Explorer
The fireplace came with our BC and we LOVE it. It helped a lot this past weekend when the nites got in the low 30s and we used less propane. I'd put it on a must have list.
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ diesel dually, Curt Q20 Hitch
**traded in-the lemon- 2012 Winnie Raven 5th Wheel**
for a marvelous-2014 Big Country 3596RE
Traveling with 3 wonderful Feline Furboys Milo, Mason and Mozart

Randu
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:
They are electric heaters at up to 1500 watts. Ambiance is good. .......

Turbo nailed it.

Got my trailer used and it was one of those things that I didn't think I wanted or would want to pay for. Just a nice electric heater I thought. Found out that I really like it as it heats the whole trailer in temps down to the upper 40's. Good to have the assist to the gas furnace as it gets colder. Is kind of relaxing to watch the lights flicker. Randu
2017 Chevy 3500HD SRW Crew LTZ
4x4,Duramax, Allison.
2017 Jayco North Point 381DLQS
Previous: 2000 Travel Supreme
2005 Newmar Kountry Star
2008 Mobile Suites 36TK3

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
They are electric heaters at up to 1500 watts. Ambiance is good. We have one in our Forest River.
charles weidman