cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fridge Drain

brackleybeach
Explorer
Explorer
The drain hose on the back of the fridge broke off. It was quite brittle. Do I have to remove the fridge in order to replace the hose?
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4
2017 25 ft Rockwood Mini Lite
No matter how big a hammer you use,
you can't pound common sense into stupid people.
10 REPLIES 10

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced mine easily... Find the drain tray inside the frig and you can then pull the drain hole collar/nipple out. Work on it gently, but you can get it out. Once it's loose, just pull it all the way out along with the old tube. Get a new vinyl hose which won't deteriorate, that will fit snug on the nipple. Feed the new hose into the hole until the nipple is back in the hole. You may need a dab of sealant to secure it; mine did not not. From the outside with the panel removed you can see the new hose and route it where you need it. Trim the excess length and you'll never need another hose.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

Splashers3
Explorer
Explorer
I too, did exactly what oldhippie did....it's worked great for 2 years.
2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mine is in a slide. From the upper vent, I removed one fan and could reach the top connection.

Someone needs to keep the defrost trough pushed tight against the back wall of the fridge while a skinny arm reaches in and attaches the new tube. We put a Gates Clamp on ours then took the strain off by cable-tying the lower part of the hose to a coil support.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

older_hippie
Explorer
Explorer
I spliced a piece of clear tubing to the part of the hose inside the compartment. It had not been exposed to the sun and had not become brittle.

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to reach mine. Had my wife push on drain tube from inside of refriderator. I reached up from outside and pushed on new tubing (clear plastic tubing).

Good luck!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I know you said the old hose was brittle, but here's what I'd try since you have nothing to loose. Get a new hose and find something that's the same inside diameter like a wooden shiskabob skewer. Cut about a two inch piece of the skewer off and then glue (with rubber cement?) one inch of it inside the new hose and one inch inside of the old hose, let sit for 24 hrs and then try pulling the new one in with the old hose. Try to clean the inside of the old hose with alcohol on something small before applying the glue.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Access...it's all about access

Can you reach where hose comes out of fridge, enough to pull old off and install new??

NO...then fridge needs to be pulled out enough to do so. And that may mean all the way.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

fpresto
Explorer
Explorer
If your fridge is in a slide it is "easier" as you probably have an upper vent and a lower access panel. When I changed mine I was able to reach in far enough to get the job done without pulling the frig. I replaced it with 1/2 inch clear tubing from Lowes instead of the OEM stuff.
USN Retired
2016 Tiffin Allegro 32 SA

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Watch this VIDEO it might help. Seems to imply that the frig will need to be removed.

This is the FIRST video in that series.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe...it can be a tough job....but you might get lucky.

On a previous trailer I was able to snake a new tube down through the hole from the inside of the frig and was able to grab it and pull it down between the back of the frig and the trailer wall...

You will have to be creative..
Good luck with it.

Check this out...it might help if you have this kind of set up...

Replace Drain Hose....LINK

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro