cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full size picnic table carrier

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
Engineered for a table from Costco. Table breaks down to a flat position and rolls into this custom built storage compartment. Mounted to a Keystone Montana 3820FK (Front Kitchen) 5th wheel. Allows traveling with a full size picnic table. Rear mount location reduces front pin weight.

Video:
https://youtu.be/bvEk6VQT_R4 <- Paste this link into YouTube

17 REPLIES 17

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
Got it, nice.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for that Bowti, that would be a really good idea to do. I did that to the entry sheet metal plate ends.

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice, one thing you may want to do is to radius the corners of the roller channel to get rid of the sharp edge. That way the table will hit the roller first and not be scratched.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I should have wrote "grade 8 hardware". The other hardware is standard zinc plated bolts, washers and loc-nuts

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
Numbering on nuts and bolts is a measure od strength, not size.

#8 is a high-strength bolt.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
What is a number 8 bolt? I know what a number 8 screw is??????
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
Materials list and dimensions drawing. There has been interest by others in building this.

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
SoCalDesertRider wrote:
The table rack looks great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Beware of drilling too many holes in the bottom flange of the I-beam. Webs are fine to drill or cut holes. Flanges, not so much.

10-4 on that, thanks for the feedback. I was thinking the same thing. That is why I decided to secure this with heavy duty plates over the flange that squeeze mountings with Grade 8 bolts and hardware. No holes drilled to mount this rack. Only two smaller holes for the smaller U Bolt that secures the chain.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
The table rack looks great! ๐Ÿ™‚

Beware of drilling too many holes in the bottom flange of the I-beam. Webs are fine to drill or cut holes. Flanges, not so much.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

Coop44
Explorer
Explorer
My slide out table
Jgkopp wrote:
Engineered for a table from Costco. Table breaks down to a flat position and rolls into this custom built storage compartment. Mounted to a Keystone Montana 3820FK (Front Kitchen) 5th wheel. Allows traveling with a full size picnic table. Rear mount location reduces front pin weight.

Video:
https://youtu.be/bvEk6VQT_R4 <- Paste this link into YouTube

Looks a lot like mine that I built 5 years ago?
https://youtu.be/X2jyoTdV1_Y
See ya Coop
2008 forest river sandpiper t272
http://coop45.webs.com/
coopsclutchmods@q.com

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the complements. If you caught it, I made some heavy duty steel plates that rest on top of the trailer bottom I beams and this product is secured with #8 bolts, washers and loc-nuts and these are right at the outside edge of the I beams. They sandwich this carrier in place so I didn't have to drill any holes into the trailer frame to mount this. It made installing this super easy. I only drilled two smaller holes for the U bolt that I attach the chain and shackle too.
Another video I made after mocking up the assembly and before powder coating sheet metal parts.
Video:
https://youtu.be/QWf6ycJcskg

rbturner
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful workmanship. Thanks for sharing.

Jgkopp
Explorer
Explorer
I hear you jimh425, we will see how that goes. I am also thinking of installing a sheet (to fit) of plascell secured to the bottom of this carrier for that purpose. Getting closer to the road so I would have to watch out for flooded streets etc. Maybe cut triangles off at the corners to allow drainage if water were to get in. Maybe I will just leave it open and see how it goes. being it is facing down I don't think it will get much of anything on it. I can always wash it down if that was the case. Were parked more than driving as we set this up as a destination rig.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Impressive build skills even if I can't imagine carrying something under a trailer.

One suggestion make a simple nylon bag to keep road grime off the table and slide it in as normal.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member