cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fully Grey Tank leaking

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer
So I just discovered that our Heartland Cyclone has a full Grey thank. The indicator is actually right. I don't think the valve EVER worked when we got the RV back in May 2012, so although we hardly use the kitchen sink. It is now full.... I think. As we were driving our friends told us that water was leaking from the RV in the middle whenever we listed to the right?

Anyway, is there a way to take care of this ourselves or so I have to bring it in. Any thoughts appreciated.
2012 GMC 3500HD, Diesel, Crew Cab Standard Bed, SRW
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4
8 REPLIES 8

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. The lever pulls out normally and stops. We just never see anything coming out of there. If I need to drain it before it gets worked on, that might be a little difficult and I will need to take off the underbelly right? Thanks again.
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4

Re_and_Cheryl
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the cause of the problem. If the set screw at the valve is just loose I doubt it would close more than an hour of labor, but if that was the case I would assume the cable would pull completely out when you pull on it. The other possibility would be a broken cable.

Re'
2005 Chevy 2500 4X4 Duramax
2001 Fleetwood Prowler 305LT (sold)
2013 Coachmen Chaperral 328rts

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! Yes the galley, kitchen grey tank seems to be full. I don't think the valve ever worked. I have three valves and tanks, the black and the shower valve works but I usually pull the two greys at the same time and never noticed nothing was coming out... I'm really not mechanical - and it might be a simiple fix of just making sure it's attatched? DH might be willing to try to removing the underbelly but with a 2.5 year old kid, we might have the time or the energy. Any thoughts on cost of repair at dealer? Just curious.
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4

Duke-44
Explorer
Explorer
I just peeled off the under belly plastic today to fix a loose wire on a slide motor of my Heartland Sundance. The galley gray tank was right there where I was looking for the loose wire. You can do this yourself. Read my last post "Slide quit working ...bumpy road".
You will need a 3/8 in screwgun socket and a 1/2 in. socket to drop the rear jacks.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Galley....sounds like you have three dump valves....1 for black, 1 for grey and 1 for galley. Are you opening ALL three?

When you are dumping do ALL the valves feel like they are opening?

Are they cable operated drain valves?

You can fix it yourself......you will have to gain access to galley tank drain valve and repair/replace cable operator. That means removing underbelly OR cutting access window in underbelly where drain valve is located

I'm very handy BUT if it was my rig and this new I would return to dealer and have them repair WITHOUT cutting window. Have/MAKE them remove panel.
Otherwise do it yourself.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Get the dump valve fixed....then dump away.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
porkchop1221 wrote:
So I just discovered that our Heartland Cyclone has a full Grey thank. The indicator is actually right. I don't think the valve EVER worked when we got the RV back in May 2012, so although we hardly use the kitchen sink. It is now full.... I think. As we were driving our friends told us that water was leaking from the RV in the middle whenever we listed to the right?

Anyway, is there a way to take care of this ourselves or so I have to bring it in. Any thoughts appreciated.

Dump it before it gets full or before you hit the road? :B :B

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Reader1
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 1 1/2 inch leak in the seam of our black tank. DH drained it completely, ran bleach through it because he was going to be working on it, and dried it completely. We asked on this forum what to use. PlastiMend was recommended here. He applied it according to directions and it worked perfectly. We ordered it from Amazon, and I read reviews of major damage being repaired on tanks. If you take it to a dealer, they will want to replace it with a new tank which could be over $1,000 - the Plastimend was about $35.00.