cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Had my first tire blowout with Nexen tires.

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
After 10 years and over 50 trips in 14 states I had my 1st blowout last Thursday afternoon. Luckily it didn't cause to much damage. The tires were Nexen and I wanted to know if anyone else has had problems with these tires or know of any recalls?
Thanks G
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73
8 REPLIES 8

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dtank wrote:

Nexen (one "X") Tires

Been around a while - but I'll vote....Nix on Nexen - no matter what vehicle.

Many better choices available.

OP - unless your tires were really 10 years old..:h...note claimed outstanding warranty, and save the carcass.

However.....
*IF* your tires were really ten years old, buy a few lottery tickets,
but stay away from Russian Roulette..:W

I just wanted to add when my tires slung the tread off they did not blow out. factory authorized my dealer to replace tires prorated to me but never paid my dealer.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

GBuilders
Explorer
Explorer
My tires were about 2 years old and I was not aware of their roadside assistance claim either. There are on my 5th whee but my Ram has them also. My tire dealer said he doesn't have any problems with these tires and the price was good so he recommended them to me.
I'll watch the other three and see what happens.
BTW I called Good SAMs roadside and at first they couldn't find my membership so she transferred me to another person that pulled it right up and said they would contact the closest service center to help. I was about 15 miles from Corpus Christi and GS called back and said they have someone that said it would take 2-3 hours to get to me. I was sitting on the side of I-37 and not very happy and with trucks flying by me and no room to change myself so I decided to drive to the next exit and change it myself. I drove about 3 miles to the next exit and they was a feed store there and I thought I'll ask them if there is a tire shop near by and by God's amazing grace there was a tire shop about 100 feet from the feed store and got the tire replaced and back on the road. Sorry for the long report but GS really let me down IMHO.
2005 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS 5th wheel

New truck: 2019 Ford F-250 power stroke platinum 4x4

Former truck: 2014 Ram Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4 6.7/Aisin 6 speed 3:73

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer

Nexen (one "X") Tires

Been around a while - but I'll vote....Nix on Nexen - no matter what vehicle.

Many better choices available.

OP - unless your tires were really 10 years old..:h...note claimed outstanding warranty, and save the carcass.

However.....
*IF* your tires were really ten years old, buy a few lottery tickets,
but stay away from Russian Roulette..:W

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Endricken wrote:
My just shy of 3 year old Nexxen 235/85/R16 "emergency replacement" (unknown to me at the time) brand tire developed a Baseball size outside sidewall bulge about 20 miles away from our RV site in the RGV this March as we headed north, fortunately that was on the north side of Mission TX before empty HWY 281 and a tire shop at the exit I got off sold me 2 Michelin XPS Ribs. In my 7th year of RVing and nearly annual tire issues, I've now learned to buy the best/most expensive (? I hope) tires.
My Nexxen tires, same size as your blew off the trailer at about 2 years old. I had also put 2 on the back of my TV and they were worn out at 20K miles with very little towing.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Endricken
Explorer
Explorer
My just shy of 3 year old Nexxen 235/85/R16 "emergency replacement" (unknown to me at the time) brand tire developed a Baseball size outside sidewall bulge about 20 miles away from our RV site in the RGV this March as we headed north, fortunately that was on the north side of Mission TX before empty HWY 281 and a tire shop at the exit I got off sold me 2 Michelin XPS Ribs. In my 7th year of RVing and nearly annual tire issues, I've now learned to buy the best/most expensive (? I hope) tires.
Retired USAF
Silver 05 Dodge RAM LB CTD Dually 4Speed Auto SWD 3.73, Westin Sportsman Grill & Taillight Guards,Husky Mudguards, Retractable Ball Hitch, Onboard Air & Horns, MaxBrake - towing 2005 Keystone Montana Big Sky 3670 with Star Performance adapter

SH
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
Are you saying the tires were 10 years old?

Good question! :E
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo ๐Ÿ™‚

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Are you saying the tires were 10 years old?
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

racer4
Explorer
Explorer
What model Nexen?

Are they on the truck or the trailer? I know Ram started using Nexen tires on some models.
Chris and Pat
2023 Ram 3500 Limited, Cummins, Aisin, dually, Auto Flex Rear Air Ride Suspension
2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2024 Winnebago Minnie 2327TB