Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding new 5th wheel

kodiakcanuck
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all,
My in-laws are looking to down size their current Montana to a smaller 5th wheel. I'm not as familiar with 5th wheel floor plans so looking for some assistance.

These are their must have list:
- rear living room
- dinnette with chairs (no bench or u dinnette)
- center kitchen with island
- power awning
- desk not necessary
- king bed preferred but not necessary
- prefer no theater seating, chairs instead
- Max 32 feet

Not brand specific but prefer Forrest River or Keystone.

Thanks for your input :C
2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)
7 REPLIES 7

baunno
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest you look into a Grand Design Reflection 303. We sold our Keystone (nothing but problems) and bought the Reflection 303 this past March. Absolutely love it! It has everything you are looking for other than the bed is a queen. Its 32' length and with opposing slides in the main living area so its very roomy. Grand Design has just about thought of everything including a USB charging area, 4 point auto leveling system, a fireplace/heater among many refinements.
Its a beautiful unit and we are very happy with it.
"Onward thru the fog!"

Explorer II
Explorer II
See my Sig. Mine may fit their wish list
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
kodiakcanuck wrote:
dbob62180 wrote:
Easy! Go to Forest River (or Keystone's) website. You can pull up all the floor plans and all the specs. Find one or two that fit your 'must haves' the go to a dealer and see it up close and personal! Good luck!
Was hoping for some personal advise on any units that someone has owned within the last couple years, not necessarily just brand new...

Brands at a given price point are really not that different from one another. Since most of the things on the list are floor plan specific the best place for them to learn is going to be the manufacturer websites. I spent many hours pouring over the floor plans and feel it was well worth it in the end.

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
kodiakcanuck wrote:
Hello all,
My in-laws are looking to down size their current Montana to a smaller 5th wheel. I'm not as familiar with 5th wheel floor plans so looking for some assistance.

These are their must have list:
- rear living room
- dinnette with chairs (no bench or u dinnette)
- center kitchen with island
- power awning
- desk not necessary
- king bed preferred but not necessary
- prefer no theater seating, chairs instead
- Max 32 feet

Not brand specific but prefer Forrest River or Keystone.

Thanks for your input :C

KZ Durango 1500 D284RLT. Right at 32', optional kitchen island (not a sink), rear living, power awning, dinette available. Light weight at GVW of 10,500 and has excellent tank capacity, if they off-grid at all. #1 on my short list.

A very similar unit is the Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS, right at 31'. GVW of 9950; no island option available; dinette available, slightly smaller tanks, factory 3k rear hitch option, pre-wired for solar, 16" wheel/Maxxis tire option, rear living, power awning. Black tank is small for off-grid, which makes it #2 on my short list.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Primetime 315 RST which is a Forest river company it has a lot of what they are looking for
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD

kodiakcanuck
Explorer
Explorer
dbob62180 wrote:
Easy! Go to Forest River (or Keystone's) website. You can pull up all the floor plans and all the specs. Find one or two that fit your 'must haves' the go to a dealer and see it up close and personal! Good luck!
Was hoping for some personal advise on any units that someone has owned within the last couple years, not necessarily just brand new...
2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)

dbob62180
Explorer
Explorer