cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good deal for a used Pullrite Superglide?

wuhungsix
Explorer
Explorer
Found one somewhat locally for $700. It is a 16k 4100 model in very good condition. Comes with above bed rails and the mounting kit for my 2012 Ram 3500 shortbed.

I dont have a 5th wheel yet and to be honest I may still just buy a travel trailer. But if its a good deal I may jump on it and sell the hitch later if I dont use it.

Also how much is it usually installed for? All the shops I called said they will research and call me back with qoute. That was three days ago and nothing.
18 REPLIES 18

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
blue trawler wrote:
Interesting, I have a super glide 4400 18k with everything except capture plate. Came out of my F 250, always covered and I put it on CL never got a call for 500.00.
Wow. Thought I was giving it away! Guess not!

Bruce
spring time would be the best I would think, when I talked to the guy I got mine from he said he had 2 guys coming over sometime that afternoon to purchase, I drove 1.5hr away and got it fast it was first come first served
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

blue_trawler
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, I have a super glide 4400 18k with everything except capture plate. Came out of my F 250, always covered and I put it on CL never got a call for 500.00.
Wow. Thought I was giving it away! Guess not!

Bruce

reddwar
Explorer
Explorer
When we went from our 6.0 Ford to our 5.9 Dodge had to get new frame mount rails & elect. plug. Think we paid around $700 as we were working in Memphis & did not have tools on the road.

red

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
ol Bombero-JC wrote:
1surveyor wrote:
a friend told me his 12,000 superglide was $3000.00 installed

Yikes!! - Double ouch!..:R..:(

IMO - unless that's a "typo" and you meant three *hundred*- your friend was "taken to the cleaners" (big time) !!

That's about $1.5K an hour for labor.

Cost to install mine was Zero - and about 3 hours of my time.

Never had done one before - wasn't that difficult - including the under-bed mounting.

IMO - now that I've done one, could cut time to 2 hours.

took me 5 hrs to install mine but I had some other things going on at the time
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

wuhungsix
Explorer
Explorer
Debating whether to attempt myself or just pay someone. $300 for installation sounds reasonable.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
1surveyor wrote:
a friend told me his 12,000 superglide was $3000.00 installed

Yikes!! - Double ouch!..:R..:(

IMO - unless that's a "typo" and you meant three *hundred*- your friend was "taken to the cleaners" (big time) !!

That's about $1.5K an hour for labor.

Cost to install mine was Zero - and about 3 hours of my time.

Never had done one before - wasn't that difficult - including the under-bed mounting.

IMO - now that I've done one, could cut time to 2 hours.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
talonhead wrote:
I got a 3300 last year off CL for 500, had been used twice then sat in the garage. The only thing I didn't get was the super rails off the Ford truck that it was in (pins, bars and hitch).Then I wouldn't have had to buy anything else! I bought a set of new frame mount rails on line. Now I'm purchasing a new Ram 3500 Mega diesel and am looking at upgrading my hitch. But with the New OEM 5th wheel/GN prep on the new Rams, it's a PITA!
Good luck, I love mine!
Anyone out there have an SG 3600 (24k) that can tell me bed to head height?
Thanks, MikeH

Mike - start a new thread with your question for more/better exposure.

talonhead
Explorer
Explorer
I got a 3300 last year off CL for 500, had been used twice then sat in the garage. The only thing I didn't get was the super rails off the Ford truck that it was in (pins, bars and hitch).Then I wouldn't have had to buy anything else! I bought a set of new frame mount rails on line. Now I'm purchasing a new Ram 3500 Mega diesel and am looking at upgrading my hitch. But with the New OEM 5th wheel/GN prep on the new Rams, it's a PITA!
Good luck, I love mine!
Anyone out there have an SG 3600 (24k) that can tell me bed to head height?
Thanks, MikeH
2014 Ram 3500 Limited Mega Dually 4WD (True Blue Pearl) w/Alcoa's & paint match bumpers.

jevanb
Explorer
Explorer
nice hitch , I bought a 3300 for 500.00 including everything off craigslist
2006 CC 4x Lbz,

2012 Wildcat 344QB
Pullrite Superglide

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like a nice clean unit. I'd say GOOD DEAL!

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

wuhungsix
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked it up an its in great condition. Talked him down to $600 so I'm a happy camper. Got the rails and mount kit for my truck too with the deal. Now just need to drill the four holes and of course buy a 5th wheel!

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
mine cost a grand then had to get rails to install it in my truck altogther 2 grand get it

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I just had a SuperGlide 4100 installed with under bed rails and king pin capture plate. Total cost was $2200 installed. Installation cost was $300 so $1900 for hitch, rails and capture plate. The under bed rails are considerably higher priced than the above rails. Furthermore, the rail kit is specific to the truck its being installed in. So buying used you have to find one from an similar truck.

The capture plate is required and the exact one you'll need depends on which trailer you purchase and which king pin that manufacture uses. Cost for capture plates new are about $200.

The dealer also installed a 7 wire outlet in the bed of my truck that T'd off my existing bumper connector. Cost for that was $95 installed.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
it's an OK deal. If it has the Delrin inserts. If not, you won't be able to sell it for much more than that. I would not pay that for a used non-Delrin older style.
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.