cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's talk about party decks

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
DH and I have zeroed in on a Fuzion 342 Toy Hauler and haven't made the plunge yet. (Waiting to see how taxes treat us-- last year we owed a heavy amount).

The only option I have to decide on is yes or no on a party deck.

To those who have party decks:

A) you are happy you have it. You use it alot and you would definitely get it again.

B) Have it, hate it, won't get it again.

Thanks.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console
37 REPLIES 37

Vulcanmars
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Back when we had our Raptor I made up the cables to use the ramp as a deck, I think we used it once. It was 'cool' but not very practical for how we camp, which is usually with other families. The party is around the campfire, not hanging out in the RV if the weather is good, if it's bad that's another story but the deck wouldn't be of any use.

I had the same experience. I've used mine twice in six years.
Mars
04 V10 F250 SDCC 4X4
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS

stro1965
Explorer
Explorer
We finally used the deck on our Fuzion last weekend for the first time. It's kind of neat. Easy to set up and take down. I didn't want it but my rig was bought off the lot and the dealer wouldn't remove it and allow me the savings. If I were ordering one I would pass on the deck but I can see why you like it too.
2018 Ram DRW 3500 6.7
2019 Keystone Alpine 3021

Earvinery
Explorer
Explorer
We are th shopping and it is a must have. We stay in several spots where you can back up to a seawall. Fishing on the party deck w/o leaving the fridge full of beers? Priceless!

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
We have one but haven't used it yet, mostly because we just got the trailer and the site we were just at wasn't big enough for a 43' trailer with the party deck out...
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
We do not have a built in. We implemented with pvc pipes and a 12X12 tent to keep our dogs happy. We love the concept and we are looking at trading in for a Cyclone 4200 which has two ramps/patios.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
Poor swamp... I hope he doesn't look like my 100 pound Hank, lol

I have decided I want the party deck. The heart wants what the heart wants....
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

2500_Grunt
Explorer
Explorer
Another option if concerned about door strength would be to just use jack stands and add the (dog/fence kit LOL) this way you are not needing to add any cables to the door frame. On my TH (no patio kit option) I find it hard to believe that the strength of the door is any different than if it had a patio option? The door now withstands a 1400# sandrail and has/had warning stickers on it indicating the allowable load it can withstand and I can't see having more than 1400# of people on it ( 4 adults at 200# each plus a small table plus...) at once sitting on the deck? Or am I looking at this wrong? I guess the door when opened and resting on the ground at an angle is able to withstand more # than if it was level? And without the cables attached to the door opening you are not stressing out the door/ramp anymore than if you were to add them.
2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 SRW long bed
2014 FS28 Evergreen Amped TH Blue Ox 2000# WDH
2300CC VW turbo 4 seat sandrail, Yz450f, 350 Raptor quad

dougford
Explorer
Explorer
Spleenstomper wrote:
All good points, thanks.

Swamp reminded me of my two dogs...

Kind of a cold statement, don't you think? 😉

We went to the RV Super Sale in San Antonio a couple weeks ago. Alot of the toy haulers had the patio option. We have also seen a couple at the RV Resort we go to over the Fourth of July. They look really cool (have not yet seen one with a stripper pole though). I thought about adding one, and found a kit online that has a screen room and stands for about $600. However, I decided it might be more hassle than it's worth, Plus, between this thread and another one, it appears the ramps doors are different if it comes as an option. Also, all (or at least most) of the ones we saw that had the patio also had sliding glass doors that would lock ( I know this becuase my son thought it would be funny to lock me on the patio of one of them. It was NOT funny).

So, I guess it comes down to how you think you will use it. I think, as Sledge Hammer has pointed out, that on the toy haulers that come with them as an option, they don't take that long to set up. I assume the rials stay on the door when it closes up for traveling? I' not sure.

So, bottom line, you have to decide if you're going to use it enough to make it worth $3500. If you enjoy pole dancing, it's probably a mandatory option...:B
2008 Ford F350 CC 4X4
2012 Jacyo Octane T29A
2006 Yamaha Blaster
2007 Honda Recon
2006 TTR50
2012 YZ250F
2013 WR250R
2013 XT250

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
Stripper pole? I don't believed you, show pics with stripper so that I can that it is structurally sound (the stripper, could careless about the pole).

We had the old style on our 2010 322 Fuzion, it took 30 minutes and 5 beers to get stood up. We did not get it on our 342. I kinda which we had it.

The fireplace in the 342, initially I thought it was joke and could have cared less about it. After having it for year now (in Idaho) I would not to be without it. Great additional heat source and it just looks cool.
2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Macs_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
If you are talking about the add a room check out the pics in this thread. We have had one for about 5 years and used the hole thing (the room, canopy and cables) twice and just the canopy with the cables maybe 4 times at the beach with a beach front space and the ramp towards the ocean. It was pretty nice especually since you could put the ramp door up at night without taking down the room and canopy. The sunsets from the deck were pretty cool also. Just kind of a pain in the ass to put up and take down is all. Expecially the room. The canopy not to bad.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/20563224/print/true.cfm
2007 Weekend Warrior SL2805
20505 Chevy 2500 HD Crew Cab 6.0/410 Gasser
2008 Polaris RZR 800 With +6 Long Travel
2012 Kawasaki KX 250F
1990 Kawasaki JS 550 Jet Ski

nayther
Explorer
Explorer
Y-Guy wrote:
Back when we had our Raptor I made up the cables to use the ramp as a deck, I think we used it once. It was 'cool' but not very practical for how we camp, which is usually with other families. The party is around the campfire, not hanging out in the RV if the weather is good, if it's bad that's another story but the deck wouldn't be of any use.

Ditto and Ditto for us. There's one beach camp down here (Emma Wood) where you back in with the back end pointing out to the waves, close to the rocks. When the tide is high you sometimes get spray. I camped there once and opened the back, rolled down the canvas and used the deck. But then had to close it all up at night.

That's the only time I've used it.
DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

Sledge_Hammer
Explorer
Explorer
The 315 Fuzion we bought has one and I love it. We open and close it all the time based on the weather. We are snow birds right now and use it anytime we don't put the air on. The awning and deck increase the space of the RV and gives the dog a place to get out and see what is going on as well. Don't let anyone tell you it is too much work to set up. Open the door, pull 4 pins, fold up the railing and reinstall the 4 pins. If this takes you more than about 4 minutes, something is wrong. The awning extends by pushing a button and the awning supports/tie downs are simple as well. You get a lot more air flowing through the unit. Is it mandatory? No. Is it really nice? Yes.
2013 Fuzion FZ315
2013 Ford F350 DRW

jdmac1
Explorer
Explorer
I don’t have one on mine but I would like one. My favorite camp ground has a campsite that once I back in the party deck would be right over the lake. I could fish right from the deck and that would be nice.
2012 F350 Lariat DRW
20K B&W OEM Hitch
BlueOx Bed Saver
Pace Edwards Heavy Metal Roll top
Line-X Bed spray

2011 Stealth Toy Hauler RG3210
2015 Polaris XP1000 Fox Edition (2 seater)

Y-Guy

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon