cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lippert axles bent on a 2013 shadow cruiser...

wyzguy2001
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to travel trailers but I had noticed last year my tires balding on the inside... I figured it was the cheap bias ply tires that came with trailer. I was recently told that my axles were bent. I had been fighting with Cruiser Rv about poor assembly of the plumbing and had no help from them. But alledgedly plumbing was fixed. NOW the axles that are supposedly rated at 3500 each cant hold the 5500 lb trailer... I figured that Lippert would be ready to take care of the faulty axels but NO.. I called the service manager at my dealer and he said that this is one of many that have had problem and no help from Lippert. They tell me to use Dexter axles instead. WHAT A SHAME... I called them myself but after reading about all the other people with no help.. I am not optimistic. I Plan on calling the ATTORNEY GENERAL AND BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU because this is dangerous to put faulty axels on a trailer.
17 REPLIES 17

RAINEYTXX
Explorer
Explorer
i'd put on 17.5" Michelins just to be be safe....but you'd probably need some sort of an adapter
2012 DRV Mobile Suites Atlanta 43'
2012 F-450
2016 Audi Q5
2011 Audi A8L
2004 Audi A4 6 speed sport package

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
Maxxis is an excellent tire. They have been used around here for years in the oil field, ranchers, as well as farmers. All 3 of those groups are famous for overloading, and jumping things with truck trailer that should not happen. Still a good tire.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
Bipeflier wrote:
thedoghouse wrote:
I'm A Lippert basher!!!!!! They are the worst customer helping people I've ever had dealings with!!!! Call ALKO they take care you on any axle needs. SHAME ON LIPPERT

Oh really? Crossroads had to stand the cost to replace the ALCO axles on my 2003 trailer due to them being welded crooked. ALCO didn't stand behind them

YES REALLY!!!!!!! Terrible company
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

greende
Explorer
Explorer
GoPackGo wrote:
Maxxis tires are not made in Chine. Just put on a set and did the research. They are made in Thailand. Stamped right on the tire.

Tim

True
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
thedoghouse wrote:
I'm A Lippert basher!!!!!! They are the worst customer helping people I've ever had dealings with!!!! Call ALKO they take care you on any axle needs. SHAME ON LIPPERT

Oh really? Crossroads had to stand the cost to replace the ALCO axles on my 2003 trailer due to them being welded crooked. ALCO didn't stand behind them
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Maxxis tires are not made in China. Just put on a set and did the research. They are made in Thailand. Stamped right on the tire.

Tim

CenTex
Explorer
Explorer
greende wrote:
If your trailer is only 5600 pounds, look into Maxxis tires. Seems to be the real heavy 5ers have more problems with the cheap Chinese junk.

Maxxis tires are made in China. In the defense of Maxxis, I will say that my trailer has them on it and I have never had a problem with them.
WITH AGE COMES WISDOM, AS WELL AS LOTS OF ACHES AND PAIN.

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet that most trailer axles are bent from hitting a curb, a hole, or some other type of impact to the wheel/tire assembly. Overloading may be part of it, but you can bend the axle on an empty trailer.

Most bent axles seem to be on the passenger side as this is the side that gets drug over curbs and other obstructions when a driver misjudges a corner while turning to the right. Turns to the left don't have as many obstacles.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

greende
Explorer
Explorer
If your trailer is only 5600 pounds, look into Maxxis tires. Seems to be the real heavy 5ers have more problems with the cheap Chinese junk.
2011 Chevy 3500 HD LTZ Duramax/Allison Crew Cab Long Box DRW
B&W Turnover Ball with Companion

2012 Keystone Cougar 293 SAB 5er

USAF 1968 - 1972 Viet Nam '71 - '72

SH
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of information weekly here on tires! Your rig is light enough you can probably use an LT tire if you want. Between the two you listed I guess I would prefer the Goodyear...having said that, I did have a brand new Marathon explode on a previous rig. At least GY made it right!
2001 Alpenlite 35RK
2007.5 Chev LMM Duramax/Allison
BD Variable Vane Turbo Brake
TST 507
2010 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic Red Hot Sunglo 🙂

wyzguy2001
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE: Lippert sending me out new axels. I have to pay labor to install. I guess all the companies are awful. My trailer is 5100 -5600 lbs and the axels bent. I hope that I get the newer design axels that they are using. Cruiser changed axels and tires on post 13 models due to problems. Lippert was somewhat helpful but I still need new tires others are worn out on inside due to bent axle. Any ideas on tires? Carlisle or Goodyear Marathons?

thedoghouse
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Holiday Rambler Presidential Suite 36 RLT
2011 Ford F350 CC DRW B&W Companion

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my share of Lippert lack of quality and their service. Just put another brand on and go on.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm no defender of Lippert, but there have been reports of people calling them and getting quick action on frame problems. Try giving them a call. I have dealt with Dexter and the people I spoke to were very helpful, but I wasn't dealing with a warranty problem.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper