cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Low Water Pressure

brihvac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Cedar Creek 36' 5ver that I have kept in a campground since I bought it new. I have HORRIBLE water pressure. I have checked and replaced the incoming screen, tried with and without pressure regulator, pushed the check valve in and out to make sure it was free, and replaced incoming hose. When I first got the trailer it had a incoming filter that I removed because I had no water pressure. I have been running it with no filter since (2003). When I take a shower the water barely comes out. If you turn on a sink it stops coming out completely. I can barely shower its really bad. The water pressure coming in the trailer seems good but inside its horrible. Please help.
23 REPLIES 23

C_Schomer
Explorer
Explorer
I would start by teeing in a pressure gauge in the park hose and see if pressure is keeping up when you open faucets. If it's not, there is a restriction in the park plumbing. If the pressure is staying up, I would try filling the fresh water tank and see if the flow is better when using the RV pump. If it's good, no more problem. If not, it could be bad pump pressure. I had low flow when using the pump and I had to turn the pump pressure up. If flow is still bad, disconnect the pump discharge connector and connect the gauge to the discharge tube with a 1/2" pipe fitting. Then you can use the park water again and see if the pressure is staying up in the RV system while faucets are open. All this will greatly narrow down where the restriction is. Craig

On second thought, I'd use two gauges. Keep one teed in where the park water enters the RV and one on the pump discharge tubing. I think it would be good to see the pressure at both those points while faucets are open. If pressure is good where the water enters but low at the pump discharge gauge, the problem is most likely the check valve at the park connection cuz nothing else should be between those two points. If pressure stays up at the pump discharge gauge and flow is still bad, there's a restriction between that point and the faucets. Good luck.
2012 Dodge 3500 DRW CCLB 4wd, custom hauler bed.
2008 Sunnybrook Titan 30 RKFS Morryde and Disc brakes
WILL ROGERS NEVER MET JOE BIDEN!

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
if it was me i would be shutting the water off and draining everything then bypass the water heater and fill the rest of the system with vinegar and let sit for about 2 hours and then drain and flush do you by chance have a pressure regulator on the water supply line from the campground to the trailer if so it might have failed most city water pressure should be no lower than 35 psi. and if this dose not work then start checking for a kinked line
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

brihvac
Explorer
Explorer
Checked a few things out. It looks like there are no filters/ strainers other than the check valve right at the inlet. Now there still is the large incoming filter housing that is still in the picture that I run without a filter in it. I can pretty much see everything. What should my incoming pressure be? I am going back down this weekend and will remove the pressure regulator. I had done this before and it did not seem to make a difference.
Flushing seems like a good idea. How about bleach? How do you go about flushing or should I just replace the fixtures? The shower is the only one that really bothers me.

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
First thing you have to do is go buy a pressure gauge. They have those that have a gauge and regulator together, so that would be my first choice. Without knowing the pressure you and all the others that are trying to help you are playing a guessing game. After you get one you will know the pressure at the faucet you have your hose into. Now you could use a water thief ( an adapter) to hook up onto a faucet and then use your new guage to measure the pressure there. guessing just don"t do it

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Another thing to possibly check for pressure is to open one of the low water drain lines and turn on the pump. It should piss like a race horse. If the flow isn't full bore while doing that, it would seem like the issue starts at the pump.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

KPSmithSr
Explorer
Explorer
brihvac,
I've got to go with Old Biscuit and Texas on this. We had a very similar problem and a good flushing with a vinegar/water mixture cleared it up. I took the shower head off and found little rocks of calcium. The toilet and kitchen sink had basically no flow. You may also want to flush the hot water tank. Now we flush our system twice a year with vinegar.
Ken and Sue Smith
'15 Silverado 3500 LT, DRW, D/A, Ice Silver
2007 Carriage Cameo 35KS3
2016 Coleman 235QB - Lantern

Indecision is the Key to Flexibility

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
laknox wrote:
sleekcrafter wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
sleekcrafter wrote:
When my holding tanks get full, My water pressure does the same thing. Maybe something else to look into, with the holding tank sensors.

:H

2 completely, separate systems that have nothing to do with each others function.

OP.......
Rv has been set up in CG without an inlet filter.......so all faucets/showers are probably plugged up with minerals.

Other than plugged aerators at faucets and plugged shower head, the check valves (one in the city water connection and one in water heater hot outlet) are the only things in the plumbing system that would resistance flow)

When was the last time you drained/flushed water heater?

No sure how My Jayco system is set-up, but if my holding tanks are nearing full, water from the faucet reduces quickly, to a trickle then stops completely. If I drain the tanks, water pressure returns to normal.

IMO, the weight in your tanks is pinching a water line, somewhere. Eventually, the line will fatigue an burst, then you'll have a =real= problem. I'd sure look at that sooner rather than later.

Lyle

Something isn't right that's for sure as 'level' in holding tanks have nothing to do with the flow of water thru plumbing lines.

Does this occur with ALL faucets, the shower and the toilet OR just one faucet?
Same thing occur when on city water and/or pump OR just one one source?

You need to find/fix this issue cause it isn't normal or by design.
It is something wrong!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a similar problem when my unit was new (only on the pump side as the city water doesn't go through the pump circuit). When I pulled off a panel to check out the pump and strainer, I discovered a chronically kinked hose that was a result of how it was routed around part of the dinette slide. I spliced in a 90-degree elbow so the line didn't kink making the corner and all is well. You might start out by just tracing the water lines from intake to a fixture and see what you find.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
sleekcrafter wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
sleekcrafter wrote:
When my holding tanks get full, My water pressure does the same thing. Maybe something else to look into, with the holding tank sensors.

2 completely, separate systems that have nothing to do with each others function.

OP.......
Rv has been set up in CG without an inlet filter.......so all faucets/showers are probably plugged up with minerals.

Other than plugged aerators at faucets and plugged shower head, the check valves (one in the city water connection and one in water heater hot outlet) are the only things in the plumbing system that would resistance flow)

No sure how My Jayco system is set-up, but if my holding tanks are nearing full, water from the faucet reduces quickly, to a trickle then stops completely. If I drain the tanks, water pressure returns to normal.

IMO, the weight in your tanks is pinching a water line, somewhere. Eventually, the line will fatigue an burst, then you'll have a =real= problem. I'd sure look at that sooner rather than later.

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

Jim_Sharon
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds to me like you have a water FLOW problem, rather than a water pressure problem.
In other words, the water is not getting into your water system quick enough to build up any pressure. You are using it quicker than it comes in.
The inexpensive water regulators many people use restrict water flow a lot. So do water filters. I would look to see if you have reasonable water flow without filter or regulator before digging into the trailer.
If you do have good flow, it could be tough finding the restriction in the trailer system. Or it could be as simple as a clogged water restrictor on the shower hose.
2006 Wildcat 27RL
2006 2500HD w/Allison/Duramax
KB3TXH

sleekcrafter
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
sleekcrafter wrote:

OP.......

2001 7.3L F350 CC SB DRW BTS auto, Elkhorn 11X TC, 31 Jayco Designer, 1979 Belco Tunnel Dragster DragBoat

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
How much water press at the pole?
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

Texas_Two_Stepp
Explorer
Explorer
Calcium build up in valve bodies of fixtures.
2015 Duramax 3500 dually 4x4
2013 Excel Winslow 31RSE
TST tire monitor
Magnum MS 2012 inverter/charger
3-135w solar panels
Tristar controller
Trimetric monitor
4-6v Trojan t105 batteries
B & W companion 3000 hitch

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
sleekcrafter wrote:

OP.......

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31