cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first oops!! (with pic,s)

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
Had my first oops yesterday will hooking up 5th wheel,I connected cord in order to have power to Jacks but then pulled foward too much when lining up hitch and I forgot about the cord:S, the connection part broke on the kit I installed which was the curt 56070 kit, does any one know if I can buy just the 7pin socket in stead of buying the whole kit? I looked on line but could not find anything,thanks guy's.
12 REPLIES 12

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV stores, Tractor Supply, Northern Tool. Napa auto parts.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

just_me
Explorer
Explorer
RV stores have a replacement plug. You might be able to just undo a couple screws and switch the outside part of the plug, or not just fallow the correct wiring to redo the install. Lest you didn't drop the trailer on the BED RAILS as some have done.
95 Dodge CC #5 TST plate Flame Red/Silver
not totaly stock
2007 fiver
Tag Ma-haul has been suggested for a name but now The Shoe box

24fb_freedom
Explorer
Explorer
OP here, no my house batteries where not dead,they where shut off at the main kill switch, so by plugging in I had power to run jacks.
In my pics it looks like it's just cosmetic damage but the intire socket is pulled back and tweeked and conector does not make contact when plugged in so I can't trust it now. I'll check out the suggestions from you guy's thanks.

Lar_s
Explorer
Explorer
Mild, my first oops was to rip the antenna off after a rookie mistake of pulling in to the wrong drive way. You're LUCKY.
Lar

2015 Dynamax Trilogy
36 RL
Ram 3500 Dually

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
I think I'd let that one ride, if nothing else it will be a good reminder every time you see it.
My plug in the truck bed is missing the cap all together, all that left is the spring that would hold it down. I have a very fancy, and very expensive bungee cord to hold the plug in place when in use 🙂
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
Auto parts or RV parts places have those but looks to me like it's only cosmetic damage.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like it will still work w/o a problem IMO. E-trailer gets my vote. Awesome place and HELPFUL/KNOWLEDGEABLE people to boot.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

RVTravler
Explorer
Explorer
Were your house batteries dead?

RollandB
Explorer
Explorer
My first was much worse. Hopefully it's your last ops!
2013 Yukon

2021 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB

BobKrogstie
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Pollak/PK11893.html
Bob and Natalie
2008 Grand Junction 37QSB
2009 Dodge 3500DRW Big Horn 4X2/CC/LB/CTD/4:10/Auto

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Curt 7 blade round socket ?
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like a Pollak 11-893P

Maybe curt # 58150