cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 5er totaled before we could PDI!

Linedog
Explorer
Explorer
My wife just got a call from our dealer telling her that our 333MKS was totaled on the way here. So now we have a quandary, take the one off the lot with swivel rockers in it, then when the replacement arrives swap out the swivel seats for the theater seating. Or wait 6-7 weeks for a new one. Great and my Monday was going along so well.
Poptarts and gravy, It's what's for dinner.
24 REPLIES 24

WeBeFulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
Wait for what you REALLY want !
2012 Ford F-350 PSD SRW ** CURT Q24 ** 2018.5 MONTANA 3791RD

majorgator
Explorer
Explorer
WOW
#firstworldproblems
SAVED BY GRACE, THROUGH FAITH*
1998 Coachmen Catalina Lite 248TB
TV: 1996 F350 Crew Cab 4x4 7.3L Diesel (a man's truck)

*signature amended so that religious components aren't included (per "Admin")...hooray, now nobody will be offended by my personal beliefs

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
cmeade wrote:
Hopefully you are dealing with an honest dealer. I special ordered a new El Camino years ago with midnite blue metallic paint, 4 spd, gauges, bench seat, SS trim etc the car of my dreams and dealer said it was totalled on the railcar. When my replacement arrived I saw its twin there for warranty work. Owner said he saw it and had to have it and paid $1000 over sticker!!!!!!

"Hotshot" drivers - the guys who deliver trailers from factory to dealer - want quickest turnaround possible.
Another job, another payday.

"Professional driver" only applies - as they get paid for what they do.
Anyone with a pickup can get on the payroll - you can too.!

But, back to your off-topic El Camino story.
Here's the opposite - a stroke of luck with no "premium" added.

Friend was impressed by the 1963 Dodge 426 Wedge factory hot rods.
Decided he had to have one for 1964 - but in a nicer package, so ordered a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury with a 426 Wedge.

Went with him when he got "the call". We had to walk past the repair garage to enter the dealership in Culver City CA.
One of the mechanics offered some "bad news":

"Your car was delivered with the wrong engine!!"..:(

Yeah it sure was!..:@
The first Hemi on the West Coast!..:C

The new owner immediately took it to the old San Fernando Drag strip "as is". Tried to do so without disclosing what was under the hood, but after tech inspection (for a "stock" class) the word got out.

Dick Landy discovered (peeved) the engine that was supposed to be in a car destined for him (& hadn't arrived yet) was in a car at the track with - -
factory stock tires, a PCV valve and....... NO tach!

That car was eventually sold to someone working at the studios 1965(?), when the owner was going thru a divorce and couldn't afford to rebuild a blown engine.

What would it be worth now?
Fer sure - A *LOT* of hotshot deliveries..:B

~

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully you are dealing with an honest dealer. I special ordered a new El Camino years ago with midnite blue metallic paint, 4 spd, gauges, bench seat, SS trim etc the car of my dreams and dealer said it was totalled on the railcar. When my replacement arrived I saw its twin there for warranty work. Owner said he saw it and had to have it and paid $1000 over sticker!!!!!!

Linedog
Explorer
Explorer
With a week long trip planed and reserved we opted to grab the one on the lot. Pick up and PDI is Friday at 1:00. When the new seats come in I'm sure I'll have a short list of fixes for them also. So I'll just drop it off and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I guess it is best it was totaled!!!
Poptarts and gravy, It's what's for dinner.

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
wait would be my answer!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure there is a trailer on the lot with theatre seating that they could switch out for you

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Yup...wait for a new one the way you want it.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wait for the new one.
What happens if you damage a swivel,
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear that, guess my decision would be based on if I had upcoming trips that couldn't wait until the new rig is delivered. Hope whatever route you choose to go that the 333MKS is all you expect and more.