cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off the wall question

oilcan1001
Explorer
Explorer
I recently switched from a c class rv to a 5'er.
My C class had a windshield cover by ADCO that went on the outside and covered driver & passenger door windows as well as the front windshield.

My 5'er TV is dedicated, so when not towing/camping it sits in wait.
I thought about buying one of those windshield covers but I've only found them for "C class" vehicles. (and A class)

Has anyone tried using one for their truck ??
BTW I have a 2001 F-350

Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

oilcan1001
Explorer
Explorer
Nicholsfamily05 wrote:
Why not use one of those windshield pads people put on their vehicles for when it snows.

I use a folding sun screen for the front window and then for the other windows I took card board and traced out the window then lined it with tin foil to reflect the sun.
On a hot summers day it's nice and cool inside the truck where you could sit in it and be comfortable.

When at home parked on the garage I have the whole truck cover.
Our truck is only for towing as well.

I like the cardboard/foil idea and a previous suggestion about getting a car cover and just covering the whole cab.
Not sure I'd want to cover the whole truck just from an inconvenience stand point.

oilcan1001
Explorer
Explorer
rjf7g wrote:
Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/icescreen-Magnetic-Windshield-Cover-X-Large/dp/B00PKJQXFM

This is what I'm referring to...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Adco-2407-Windshield-and-Window-Cover-for-Ford-350-450-RVs-with-Mirror-Cutouts-/141461161056?hash=item20efbe0460:g:eAkAAOSwcF9UWixx&vxp=mtr

It covers both driver & passenger door windows also then folds nicely for storing.

I thought maybe someone here would have already tried so that's why I'm asking about fitment

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/icescreen-Magnetic-Windshield-Cover-X-Large/dp/B00PKJQXFM
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

Nicholsfamily05
Explorer
Explorer
Why not use one of those windshield pads people put on their vehicles for when it snows.

I use a folding sun screen for the front window and then for the other windows I took card board and traced out the window then lined it with tin foil to reflect the sun.
On a hot summers day it's nice and cool inside the truck where you could sit in it and be comfortable.

When at home parked on the garage I have the whole truck cover.
Our truck is only for towing as well.
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 Big Horn Crew Cab, SRW. Cummins Turbo Diesel Automatic 68RFE Trans
50 gallon diesel Transfer Flow tank with the Traxx 3 system.
2017 Sierra FLIK 5th Wheel
42' Front Livingroom, 15K
Hydraulic level up system

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
oilcan1001 wrote:
I recently switched from a c class rv to a 5'er.
My C class had a windshield cover by ADCO that went on the outside and covered driver & passenger door windows as well as the front windshield.

My 5'er TV is dedicated, so when not towing/camping it sits in wait.
I thought about buying one of those windshield covers but I've only found them for "C class" vehicles. (and A class)

Has anyone tried using one for their truck ??
BTW I have a 2001 F-350

Thanks in advance.

Why not just buy a full cover for your truck, and protect the paint as well as the interior?

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I've seen covers that just cover the roof and windows of P/U trucks.

ChuckV1
Explorer
Explorer
Short answer i do not see why not, try it, if it fits go for it 🙂

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a large car cover and used to cover only the cab of the truck every night and take it off in the morning. Maybe might work in your situation.

I would almost try that Class C windshield cover if it were my truck. See if you could return it if it did not fit?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use a complete cover for mine when it is sitting at home. It has to sit under a tree and that helps keep the sap and bird donations to a minimum.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
They make covers for the whole fiver, and they make those folding sunscreens for trucks. But I've never heard of one like you are talking about. Not to say they don't exist.

But it sounds like it time for some DIY activity. Reflectix and velcro are the first things that pop to mind.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper