Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement globe over the dining table

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I own a 2003 Alpenlite. The other day, my wife noticed the globe over the dining table had fallen and broken into a zillion pieces. The base is still in tact, it is the globe that fell.

I have looked for the manufacturer to no avail. I have checked with CW, and found nothing. I have called around to three dealers, checked with Dr. George who keeps old parts of trailers. Nothing!

Does anyone know where I can find the globe or will I have to purchase the whole light and replace it?
14 REPLIES 14

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
dup - deleted
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check with these two places. They both bought stock from Western RV with they went out of business.

Aubrey's
2010 Landon Ave
Yakima, WA
(509) 453-4709

Canopy Country RV Center,
2703 Main St
Union Gap, WA
(509) 248-7050
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
flyfishing48 wrote:
When we were looking for a replacement Globe, we found Menards had the biggest selections compared to Lowes and Home Depot.
Had several that would fit the fixture.

I don't think Menards has any stores in California. I have shopped when in the Mid West and they do have a great selection.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

flyfishing48
Explorer
Explorer
When we were looking for a replacement Globe, we found Menards had the biggest selections compared to Lowes and Home Depot.
Had several that would fit the fixture.
Gloria & Tom::R
Chevy 2500 Crew Cab Duramax
Cougar 24 RDS
B&W Companion Hitch

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
I took off the fixture and there is no mfr name or number.

Also, Alpenlite was made by Western RV, which folded around 5-6 years ago.

One of the dealers, actually two dealers I called, sold Alpenlite at that time. No help from them.

srink
Explorer
Explorer
I had 2 lights hanging over our island in the kitchen.
one went out. could not find anything to match the other.
I own a 2012 Sierra made Forest River.
I phoned Forest River, gave them my serial number and they got me the exact replacement from the light mfg. Serial# told them exactly what was in there. 8-9 days I had it.
Condo on Wheels

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
When ours broke, I pulled fixture down and on the back side of the base was the MFG name and web address.
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Take a rubber band and stretch it from one set screw to the adjacent set screw on the backside of the fixture to keep it out of sight. This will stop the set screws from backing out and will keep the glass globe snug.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
As already posted....just replace it with something you like. Nothing special about "RV globes."

We didn't like the style of the one that came with our trailer so we picked out one we like better from a local lamp and lighting store.
This is what we now have hanging over our dining table.....:)

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Our globe fell and what a pain cleaning up the glass. Replaced it with a plastic ceiling mount from Home Depot. It was 110v LED fixture and I was able to use the same on/off switch.

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
i just bought all new fixtures at home depot rewired for 12 volt and installed

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer
I had been to Home Depot and could not find the replacement. But I will go back and try again. Or Lowes.

(I had also tried an electrical parts store which has everything, except for the globe)

Toolguy5
Explorer II
Explorer II
I lost a globe in my TT when I had it. The cost of a replacement globe or a new fixture from CW was outrageous. I went to Home Depot and bought to complete fixtures the same size. For less then the replacement globe that would not have matched.
I did not have to replace the fixtures. The globes fit perfectly so I just replaced the globes. That made lif a whole lot easier.
Dan & Patty
Miss Pickles the Pomeranian Princess Rainbow Bridge 8/8/2023
2020 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali 6.6 Duramax / Allison tranny
2021 Jayco Eagle 319MLOK
BWRVK 3710 companion
Maddy the Pampered Pom @ Rainbow Bridge 12-3-2013

Sturgeon-Phish
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe Menards or Lowes may have something. I've found it is sometimes less expensive to replace the whole fixture rather than just the globe.
Jim
2003 GMC 3500 crew dually. Transfer Flow 50g aux tank; ISSPRO gauges, PPE boost valve, air box mods, stock exhaust w/o muffler, Line-X, Pace Edwards bed locker power tonneau. B&W Companion. Pulls a '05 Wildcat 31QBH 5th wheel