Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seeking Clever ways to carry sewer hose

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Team,

It seems, for one reason or another, all the tried, true, and easy ways to carry the sewer hose will not work on our new RV (no bumper, hard to find places to secure pvc to carry, fuel tanks in way, generator exhaust in way, etc...)

So does anyone have any clever ways they carry the sewer hoses?

Thanks
Dan
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
37 REPLIES 37

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Mount a 5" PVC fence post under the frame.

Explorer
Explorer
I just put mine under the seat of my truck. Easier to get to.
The manatees of Halls river Homosassa Springs Fl

1985 Chevy Silverado c10. 454 stroker / 495 CI = 675 HP. 650lb of torque. Turb0 400 tranny. 3000 stall converter. Aluminum heads. 3 inch exhaust flowmasters. 2 inch headers. Heat and air. Tubed.

cmoecmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I found it easier to mount mine along the bottom of the frame. I put 1 of these on each frame rail in the back. They work great!

http://www.dwincorp.com/products/82/SUPER-TUBE

Craig
Craig & Annette
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2014 300x12 XLR Toy Hauler
2008 Harley Ultra Classic

Swampman597
Explorer
Explorer
I saw how other folks have used a 5" PVC post cover going sideways and even put 2 on mine. They work great.

Hope this helps
2014 Chevy 2500 Duramax, short bed, 4WD
2004 Keystone Laredo 27RL
Escapees member

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I carry the main one that gets used regularly in the rear bumper, but I have an extra section, plus some various connectors etc. and I keep them in a mammoth Zip Lock bag and stow it in the passthru. I found a tote big enough just takes too much space in my storage area. The hose will coil up enough to fit a big Zip Lock. If you look around online, you can find them quite big. The bags I have are about 2' x 3' and made from a very heavy gauge plastic. When it starts to look like it is wearing out, I just replace the bag.
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com

shempgill
Explorer
Explorer
OK. First measure width of your trailer. Purchase 6" (not 3 or 4) Drain schedule 40 PVC. You will not be able to get this at the local hardware store. They normally only carry 3 or 4 inch. Purchase 2 clean out plugs. The purchase 9 dryer duct clamps. This will allow you, very easy, to attach the 6 " pipe under whatever bumper you have. A quick turn and you have space for a 50' sewer hose (even though you will never use it) and ends.

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a big plastic Tote with a lid for my sewer hoses and various connectors. It's not perfect, but it keeps it separate from the rest of the stuff in the compartment.

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have an answer but if I may ask, what rv has no bumper? Isn't it illegal?

Just thought about it can you somehow attach it in your truck's bed?
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!