cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide toppers

kydale
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have slide toppers. Thinking about adding them. Good idea or not. Opinions please. Water stands on slides during rain and if I have to bring slides in. A mess for DW. Dale
22 REPLIES 22

Happy_Prospecto
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
We had them installed on our new fiver and they are great. No more water or debris coming back in while retracting the slides. Helps keep the slides cooler and ours do not flap in the wind. Well worth the money.

You say that your slide toppers do not flap in the wind- what brand do you have, as I will be ordering some toppers soon?
Kevin
Retired, Fulltime RV'er, 1999.5 F350 4X4 CC Diesel Flatbed
2007 Alpenlite Defender Toyhauler, 2019 Polaris Ranger
Bob, the Yorkie Terrier helping me prospect til the money runs out

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
We bought our first RV (FW) with a slide in May and the slide topper was on the option list. I highly recommend it.
magic43

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I really like mine, one of the reasons being camping this time of year. Without the toppers one has to get to the top of the slide to get the leaves off before bringing them in. With the topper the leaves just roll off.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
We installed ourselves, but it does take 2 people and two ladders. Other than that, pretty simple
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

kydale
Explorer
Explorer
Any installers in the RGV?

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You'll get two opinions: "like 'em" and "hate 'em".

If you do a Search for "Slide Toppers" you'll get many pages of reading. Some of it will be repeated in this thread but some of it may not.

FWIW I have them and wouldn't have an RV without them. I paid extra since the toyhauler didn't come with them.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Toppers were a requirement when we bought our current MH. Have had to replace them due to age and sun, but wouldn't be without.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We had them installed on our new fiver and they are great. No more water or debris coming back in while retracting the slides. Helps keep the slides cooler and ours do not flap in the wind. Well worth the money.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian