cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Brand

ret-miner
Explorer
Explorer
Was just wondering has anybody have any comments this tire brand Jaxxon ST 205 75 R 15
115 REPLIES 115

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
NWKomfort350 wrote:
Les Schwab just told me they won't install the tires I bring in.

He said its a new thing that stopped installing tires that get brought in.
๐Ÿ˜ž

They will not install ANY PARTS that one brings in-not only tires.

gitane59
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:
But if you read about ST tires, the strength of the sidewall is supposed to be one of the strong points of an ST tire. If the sidewalls of those Carlisle ST tires was considered strong, I'd sure hate to see a weak one.

I believe that quote/myth is in respect to ST rated versus P rated tires and was started before heavy haulers went searching for a better trailer tire for trailers greater than 13K lbs and found the value of the LT tires
2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a Big O Tires near you, give them a try. Very helpful guys (at least at my local shop.)

http://www.bigotires.com/Locations
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

NWKomfort350
Explorer
Explorer
Les Schwab just told me they won't install the tires I bring in.

He said its a new thing that stopped installing tires that get brought in.
๐Ÿ˜ž
Chris & Stephanie
2 kids - 1 boy / 1 girl
Winston (boxer)
2016 Open Range Roamer 367BHS
13 F350 6.7 CREW LONG BED SRW
B & W Patriot

02 F350 7.3 SC LB SRW - SOLD
2014 Keystone Cougar 281BHS - SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"OTOH I see people using the GY "G" series warranty frequently."

If you are talking 07 and back I agree. I completely disagree if you are talking newer GY "G" tires.

Since I have not seen this could you post some of these "frequent" failures?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Yeah I'm going to have my new China bombs replaced with some better quality tires. Are the Sailuns made in the USA? I've never heard of this brand. Are they better than the Goodyear Marathons (which BTW are made in China)?

I have a tandem axle utility trailer so the China bombs will go on it which currently has a set of China bombs that are about 4 years old and knock on wood never had a problem.

Fish ,

If I were in that spot , I may still sway towards the GY... Like Cummins stated , GY stands behind their product in the event of blow outs (usually) that there in itself is worth the price difference...

I am not sure anyone has any track record of chasing Saliun with a claim ??

just my $.02

Yep I agree....

Gotta have one blow out to file a claim. Never heard of one blowing out. OTOH I see people using the GY "G" series warranty frequently. The difference in price will pay for several years insurance on my RV
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Depending on room in the wheel well and proper wheel pressure/wheel width and load capacity requirements the Goodyear Wrangler HT in a LT235/75-15 C (50 psi) at 1980 lb capacity. Most LT tire makers carry this size.

And a Wrangler HT in a LT215/75-15 D (65 psi) at 2090 lbs capacity.

Maxxis LT U-168 are a commercial grade tire with several 15" sizes and have became popular with all types of trailer owners.

Vanco 2 from Continental another popular tire for trailer users has several 15" sizes and load capacities.

I see the Yokohama RY215 all position tire in a 700R 15 D at 2040 lbs capacity is popular on some of the other RV websites.

Goodyear Cargo G26 2249 lb capacity in a 225/70R 15 C 65 psi load range D for trucks/vans and trailers.

Do your home work on the all the numbers for your particular application.

The 15" Pirelli Scorpion ATR all terrain tire in the pic isn't the best choice for a trailer tire as it doesn't have any solid ribs to keep the tire tracking in a straight line. These tread types are know for not tracking the tow vehicle.
Their size is common in most USA LT tire brands but not all LT tires tread types make a good choice for road trailers use such as a all terrain or mud terrain.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Another choice in the 15 inch LT Load range D
2096 pounds at 65 psi
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollinโ€™ on 33โ€™s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:
TucsonJim wrote:
Lyle

Who makes a D range LT tire in 15"?

I just did a quick search on Tire Rack and found this one. Not sure what size you need though.

Would you run them? I've never heard of anyone running them on a trailer.

Not a good tread pattern for a trailer.
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maxxis Bravo LT's are good. Chris
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Yeah I'm going to have my new China bombs replaced with some better quality tires. Are the Sailuns made in the USA? I've never heard of this brand. Are they better than the Goodyear Marathons (which BTW are made in China)?

I have a tandem axle utility trailer so the China bombs will go on it which currently has a set of China bombs that are about 4 years old and knock on wood never had a problem.

Fish ,

If I were in that spot , I may still sway towards the GY... Like Cummins stated , GY stands behind their product in the event of blow outs (usually) that there in itself is worth the price difference...

I am not sure anyone has any track record of chasing Saliun with a claim ??

just my $.02

Yep I agree....
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
Lyle

I just did a quick search on Tire Rack and found this one. Not sure what size you need though.

Would you run them? I've never heard of anyone running them on a trailer.

momentum_rv
Explorer
Explorer
NWKomfort350 wrote:
I'm looking at ordering 235/85r16 LRG Sailun for my new 5er.
Simple tire seems to be the best price. Has anybody used them, good or bad?
I was originally going to order from Trailer Tires and Wheels, but its a substantial price difference.

I bought 7 Sailun 637s through simple tire. Great service had them in 3 days. Very happy with them.
2015 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat

laknox
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks, Jim. I'm the typical 225/75R/15 ST owner. For sure not changing tires on a rig I'm trying to sell, that's for sure. ๐Ÿ™‚ Next one, if Jayco, I'll opt for the 16"/Maxxis option. ๐Ÿ™‚

Lyle
2022 GMC Sierra 3500 HD Denali Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax
B&W OEM Companion & Gooseneck Kit
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 64 Year Member

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Lyle

2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)