cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tri glide Air Ride

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Any thoughts or owners opinions On a Trail Air Tri glide air ride Pinbox.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!
15 REPLIES 15

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
kakampers wrote:

I will have to dig up my literature. I remember it needing to be greased every 500 miles. Still a combo of the MorRyde system and the Trail/Air air bag system would be great. Hope Lippert can figure it out.

Too lazy to go dig my manual out, so, I emailed the company:

your tri glide pinbox is a comfort ride component. the zerks should be hit at 1K intervals or anytime you feel it trying to "slap" as the bottom plate will become loose when it needs to be greased and is one of those products that you cannot over grease. there are no seals to blow out. any type of lithium grease will work. pump it until you see grease coming out of the tube and or it stiffens up.

As he said though, you can't over grease the unit (I just don't like cleaning up the mess any more than necessary), so, every 500 miles won't hurt anything. Doing it roughly every 1K miles, though, I've never had it feel loose or "slap" (I check it each time I unhook) and those inner zerks (especially the one all the way forward) can be tricky to get a good seal onto.
My 2 cents, your mileage may vary...

Don
Bronwyn
Down to 1 kitty...J-Lo, the princess

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX
2015 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk Towed

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
lillyputz wrote:
I had the Tri glide on the last 5er and have the MorRyde on this one. Hands down on the MorRyde. Best ride ever.

Lillyputz

So your MorRyde has for and aft cushioning and you like it better than the TriGlide. What about the up and down cushioning?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

lillyputz
Explorer
Explorer
I had the Tri glide on the last 5er and have the MorRyde on this one. Hands down on the MorRyde. Best ride ever.

Lillyputz
Lillyputz

Two beagles. Lilly & Zuri

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
webslave wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
kakampers wrote:
Just remember...Tri Glide needs to be greased quite often...

True, that's one of the reasons it could be improved on.

It, initially, was a bit of a bother, but, since it only has to be done every 1K miles it isn't a "constant" bother. I got a Lincoln rechargeable grease gun that travels with us and it is only a minute or two, once or twice a week to hit the zerks with a single trigger pull. I work it in with a thorough inspection of the rest of the trailer prior to pulling out. We're retired and usually only cover about 1K miles per week, sometimes is takes us longer to cover a thousand miles, so, it isn't like a "constant" bother. That all being said, though, it would be nice if they could figure out a way to use sealed bearings in the Tri-Glide device to eliminate the greasing altogether. It is much cheaper for them, though, to use zerks and put the onus on the user...

I will have to dig up my literature. I remember it needing to be greased every 500 miles. Still a combo of the MorRyde system and the Trail/Air air bag system would be great. Hope Lippert can figure it out.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
kakampers wrote:

It, initially, was a bit of a bother, but, since it only has to be done every 1K miles it isn't a "constant" bother. I got a Lincoln rechargeable grease gun that travels with us and it is only a minute or two, once or twice a week to hit the zerks with a single trigger pull. I work it in with a thorough inspection of the rest of the trailer prior to pulling out. We're retired and usually only cover about 1K miles per week, sometimes is takes us longer to cover a thousand miles, so, it isn't like a "constant" bother. That all being said, though, it would be nice if they could figure out a way to use sealed bearings in the Tri-Glide device to eliminate the greasing altogether. It is much cheaper for them, though, to use zerks and put the onus on the user...

Don
Bronwyn

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Our chucking has been bad. Then again, the roads up here are bad too.

We just had Lippert switch out our Trail-Air with the Trail-Air Tri-Glide (got a heck of a deal at the Coachmen Annual Rally). The ride home was much better.

I was wanting to get, if it worked well, the new Flex-Air they are supposed to be coming out with. Delays after delays. Was told by a Lippert rep that the testing has not gone well with the Flex-Air. They are not happy with the results.

I can recommend, so far, the Tri-Glide. I will never be one of those people that says "Oh, we don't even know it's back there", but it is better with one, than without, especially if you have the cruddy roads, that we do.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
kakampers wrote:

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your input.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

sdetweil
Explorer
Explorer
mackyb wrote:
I am negotiations for a new Spartan 1032 FW by Primetime. This FW will push the limits of my 2013 GMC Denali with the Duramax engine. I was planning on adding airbags but my question is, with a Trail Air pin box added & a B&W Companion hitch, would I need to add airbags still with the Trail Air pin box?

yes, as they do different things..

the trailair airbag softens the connection between the truck and the trailer. the truck axle airbags provide some lift to level the vehicle when the load is higher. I have both (and the Companion's little brother hitch, the Patriot)
on the newer model Fords, they softened the rear springs to improve the unloaded ride. but the loaded ride drops the rear more than most of us would like. I have them on my ford dually too.
2012 Ford F350 DRW, 6.7 diesel.
2013 Keystone Alpine 3720FB

mackyb
Explorer
Explorer
I am negotiations for a new Spartan 1032 FW by Primetime. This FW will push the limits of my 2013 GMC Denali with the Duramax engine. I was planning on adding airbags but my question is, with a Trail Air pin box added & a B&W Companion hitch, would I need to add airbags still with the Trail Air pin box?

goukcats
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on will not own another 5er without it. I'm sure there is someone out there that doesn't like theirs but I have heard nothing but positive reviews.
Wayne & Sheryl
Plus Ollie & Sophie
(they don't know they're dogs)
2011 Ram Laramie 2500 CC 4X4 6.7 Cummins
2015 Columbus 320

"Where ever you go, there you are" Buckaroo Banzai

webslave
Explorer
Explorer
I won't have another 5er without mine (if it can't be moved, a proper model will be part of the negotiation). Amazing the ride difference before (no TrailAir Tri-Glide) and after. As mentioned, the only time I feel anything from the trailer is a major road defect and nothing will eliminate those.

Don
Bronwyn

2014 Thor Tuscany 40RX

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
The TrailAir Pin box works very well, the TriGlide portion is fine but I think that part could improved on. I would not be without the Air bag system!