Explorer
Explorer
Can you please tell me the diff between the 507 and the 510 tst. Thanks
11 REPLIES 11

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Just wanted to add a clarification. We also agree that any system that carries 80 pounds of air or more should have metal valve stems.
507 & 507 Flow thru come with replaceable batteries and last between 9 months and a year. They are replaced by the customer and are #CR1632. The cheapest place to get them are at www.amazon.com We use the Energizer brand.
The 510 systems come with a sealed sensor which is what we use because we don't want to mess with yearly battery changes. It is great if you have a boat trailer because the tires have to go into the water. Those sensors last 5 to 7 years. At the end of the battery life, you would send in the sensor to TST with $20.00 {They are normally $50.00 each}and they send you another sensor.
Hope this helps, Di
ncrzrbk wrote:
507 are flow through sensors but will require metal valve stems. The 510's aren't flow through but don't require metal stems. The batteries on the 510's last about a year. I use the 510's and have had no problems with them.

Think I got all that wrong. My apologies. I have the 507 with replaceable batteries and non flow through sensors.
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

Texas1949
Explorer
Explorer
SanMarMor wrote:
ncrzrbk wrote:
507 are flow through sensors but will require metal valve stems. The 510's aren't flow through but don't require metal stems.

507s have user replaceable batteries, 510s need sent in to replace the batteries.

Any of the on stem sensors require metal stems. I have the 507, and I had metal stems, but with rubber snap in seats. That is not what is required. They need full metal, that have a nut to hold them in the wheel. I had one of my rubber seated stems break, at the rubber seat. Luckily on a short trip. I had all the wheels fitted with full metal stems. No more worries now.

Mark

Taking truck in tomorrow to have valve stems replaced with all metal before I install the Tire Minder..
Mike
2006 Crossroads Cruiser 29RK
2011 Dodge Cummins Crew Cab 3500 DRW Long Bed
Harley (Miniature Schnauzer)
Lucy (1/2 Miniature Schnauzer 1/2 ?)
Abby Female Eclectus Parrot

SanMarMor
Explorer
Explorer
ncrzrbk wrote:
507 are flow through sensors but will require metal valve stems. The 510's aren't flow through but don't require metal stems.

507s have user replaceable batteries, 510s need sent in to replace the batteries.

Any of the on stem sensors require metal stems. I have the 507, and I had metal stems, but with rubber snap in seats. That is not what is required. They need full metal, that have a nut to hold them in the wheel. I had one of my rubber seated stems break, at the rubber seat. Luckily on a short trip. I had all the wheels fitted with full metal stems. No more worries now.

Mark
2007.5 Chevy 3500HD Crew DMax Dually 4x4 w/ Curt Q5 20K Hitch
2011 Sabre 31RETS-6 w/ TrailAir Pin

44 nights in 2013, 37 nights in 2014, 27 nights in 2015, 29 nights in 2016
34 nights in 2017, 27 in 2018

http://camping.morrises.com/

vonzoog
Explorer
Explorer
ncrzrbk wrote:

Think I got all that wrong. My apologies. I have the 507 with replaceable batteries and non flow through sensors.

I'm sitting here laughing and can't seem to stop........LOL

Yeah, you're right, you sure did get it wrong, but I got a good laugh out of it.
If you have to ask why I drive a Diesel, then you will never understand.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW
Cummins(370/800) 68RE Auto 3.73 Rear
2018 Momentum 376TH

ncrzrbk
Explorer
Explorer
507 are flow through sensors but will require metal valve stems. The 510's aren't flow through but don't require metal stems. The batteries on the 510's last about a year. I use the 510's and have had no problems with them.

2016 Ram 3500 DRW 3.73 "Pearl"
2015 Montana Mountaineer 350qbq

Dutch___Di
Explorer
Explorer
I have a comparison sheet that I made up which explains the difference. If you would like it just let me know.
The screens on both monitors are with a 1/4" of each other. Diana
2015 Western Brown Pearl single cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisin Transmission, Pace Edwards auto rolltop cover, DeBoe Slide Step, AMP Side Steps.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Susp, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Auto Leveling System, TST TPMS

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 507 monitor is smaller, batteries are replaceable on the 507 sensors, also there are optional flow-thru sensors and in-wheel sensors (also flow-thru) with a 7 yr battery life.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
Difference
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
The 507 has consumer replaceable batteries, 510 does not.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
About $60.00

Jim_and_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
wrks