cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

underbelly storage

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Mountaineer 356tbf. Underbelly side walls have a carpet like cover and the roof is nothing but exposed aluminum bracing. Looking for tips and pics for attachments for fishing pole and other accessory storage. Basically anything to put fishing poles and other items off the floor of the underbelly storage and on the wall and roof of the underbelly storage. My 5th wheel has a large storage compartment but once you start shoving stuff in there its just a big mess. Just looking to do a better job of organizing things in the under belly storage.
11 REPLIES 11

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
MrD wrote:
I put up a peg board against the carpet wall, then I can hang fishing poles, my tackle bag, extension cords, or anything else that can hang out of the way. I sandwiched the aluminum joists on the ceiling with 1 x 2's and attached the peg board to them. Why didn't I think about that? That sounds like a better idea than velcro strips everywhere.

Mike

MrD
Explorer
Explorer
I put up a peg board against the carpet wall, then I can hang fishing poles, my tackle bag, extension cords, or anything else that can hang out of the way. I sandwiched the aluminum joists on the ceiling with 1 x 2's and attached the peg board to them.

Mike
Mike and Char
2008 Chev 3500HD D/A Ext cab LB D/A 4x4 dually
B&W companion hitch
2013 Arctic Fox 295K 🙂

PmsPks
Explorer
Explorer
I use the Velcro route for support things off the floor. Also, I cut the foam board insulation and installed between the floor joists on our previous trailer (Cruiser) and it made a world of difference in retention of cooling. No more blast of cool air when I opened the basement doors!
Paul & Pam
2007 Damon Tuscany 4076
2007 Jeep Wrangler

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
I seen where the factory had screwed a couple of velcro loops to hold the manual crank. Just like inbthe picture above. All I plan on doing is taking off the reels and installing 3 velcro loops into the wall. Easy!

rsbabson
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
My storage area looks very similar to yours. I'm also going to put some hanging holders up. Before I do though I'm going to buy some of the sheets of Styrofoam insulation and cut it to place between the aluminum joists. A lot of summer AC cooling gets lost in the storage area when I would rather it stay in the trailer. 3M spray adhesive should hold it very nicely.
That sounds very interesting. I don't want to screw anything into the aluminum bracing. I have looked in Lowes for some kind of velcro/hanger type bracket to buy. And I can't find anything. But yeah I could see cutting styrofoam to fit in between the aluminum bracing. And attaching some type of hooks to hold your fishing rods. Thanks for the tip!

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
avvidclif1 wrote:
My storage area looks very similar to yours. I'm also going to put some hanging holders up. Before I do though I'm going to buy some of the sheets of Styrofoam insulation and cut it to place between the aluminum joists. A lot of summer AC cooling gets lost in the storage area when I would rather it stay in the trailer. 3M spray adhesive should hold it very nicely.

Never thought of that but I think that's sounds like a great idea! I will definitely do that on my next trailer.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

avvidclif1
Explorer
Explorer
Clif & Millie
2009 Ford F350 SRW CC Lariat 6.4 Diesel
2015 Heartland Cyclone HD CY3418 Toy Hauler

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I went to Bass Pro, and picked up a couple of fishing pole holders with screw holes to attach them to the ceiling of storage or other places. I finally attached to the ceiling of a Jeep Liberty. This was the best location. Wish I could post a picture but just don't know how.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

Poppy_s_5th_Whe
Explorer
Explorer
I used "French Drain" pvc pipe.

I just used self tappi9ng screws and went up through the holes in the pipe and into the aluminum. Simple but effective.
Paul "Poppy" Cervone
2016 GMC Summit White Denali 3500HD SRW CC/SB
2015 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
I hung some 2" PVC pipe along an edge of a sewer drop to hold our rods.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I have heard of others who used a plastic fence post mounted to the roof of the storage space and put you poles in it. if you leave the hooks and reels on them be sure you wrap the line around the pole about three times to keep them from grabbing the other poles.