cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voltage Panel Lighting

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone with a Voltage taken the power panel off and added a light source behind it? One of my biggest issues with this trailer is the fact that they took the time to light up the word Voltage but not the labels to identify the switches.

I recall reading somewhere where a guy added some led's behind the panel but the instructions were vague. I'd like to do this but I need a bit more direction as to where to draw power, type of LED strip, etc.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler
10 REPLIES 10

eightydo
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed lights behind control panel. I got my power from the rear of the 12volt power adapter. :C
Type of lights
Light strips
Pictures of lights
Dutchmen Voltage 3200
06 Ram 3500 DRW
Edge Tuner, BnD Exhaust Break: Trans Cooler
Voltage 3200
05 FLHTCI

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I had another look at the EL panel. It's made by / distributed by Quantaflex. The little black box is an inverter. It has 13V on the inputs but nothing on the output. I guess the inverter is croaked.

I suppose I could hook it directly to AC...

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
joebedford wrote:
Speaking of the factory backlight - mine has croaked. It's connected to a little 1" x 1" x 1/4" black thingy. Anybody have any idea what the "thingy" is? Transformer? Relay? Power supply?

If the electro-luminescent strip behind the word "Voltage" is dead, any idea where to get a new one?
I've been reading about EL tape and it's AC powered. Maybe the black thingy is a transformer to step down the voltage to control the brightness of the tape?

I'll check tomorrow if there is any voltage going to the EL tape.

jackxclan
Explorer
Explorer
bakedalaskan1 wrote:
Here is the article you are talking about.

http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2011/01/backlight-your-control-panel/

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure Keven posted that here to, I did the same to mine with pep boys led strips. Easy upgrade placement and number of lights to do what you want is key.

graphite 2018 2500 long bed duramax
blue 06 Ragen fa 3405 800 watt 4 channel JL audio, 800 watt 1 channel orion mono block,6x9 mbQuart, 6.5 infinity and 10 inch kicker sub
red rzr 900

HOOLIGAN # 385

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Speaking of the factory backlight - mine has croaked. It's connected to a little 1" x 1" x 1/4" black thingy. Anybody have any idea what the "thingy" is? Transformer? Relay? Power supply?

If the electro-luminescent strip behind the word "Voltage" is dead, any idea where to get a new one?

Donniecfd32
Explorer
Explorer
A great idea and looks good too. I'll be doing this to our's in the near future. Thanks for posting.
Donnie & Shawn
2008 Silverado 3500HD D/Max Allison
2013 Dutchmen Voltage 3200 Epic
2003 Harley Davidson Roadking Classic
1998 EZGO Golf Cart

grizzly660fan
Explorer
Explorer
I added backlight to mine just like the link and I am thinking of adding another to light up the labels in the center. I didn't put mine on a switch I just have low voltage led's and they are on all the time like the factory backlight.
2012 Epic Voltage 3905
2013 High Output Dodge Cummins

caberto
Explorer
Explorer
This is a great idea! I'm going to see if I can do the same thing on our Cougar, it's the exact same situation... lighted Cougar name but buttons are not lit. Someone dropped the ball on that design.

Thanks!
2010 Keystone Cougar 324RLB
2005 GMC 2500HD Duramax/Allison 4x4 Crew Cab S/B
www.imagesbyberto.com

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

bakedalaskan1
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the article you are talking about.

http://www.toyhauleradventures.com/2011/01/backlight-your-control-panel/

Good luck!