Fifth Wheel Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Truck towing capacity

Ok, so me and my family (wife and 3 sons) are considering buying a 5th wheel trailer and need some info as far as what to look for in weight. I have a 05 Ford F350 Lariat 6.0L V8 Diesel dually and loaded with us and our stuff about 1000lbs extra........

Tow vehicle tires

We just blew out a tire on our 2004 F350 CC LB SRW truck. Our 5er weighs about 12,000 lbs. loaded. We'd like your opinion on a replacement tire that will hold the load obviously, and also be a high quality, high mileage tire that will roll very quie...

EZ lube hubs

I have read the post regarding hand packing the bearing versus using a grease gun to insert grease. That's NOT what my question involves. I visited my local auto parts store and with their recommendation, purchased two tubes of NLGI No 2 Mystic Hi Te...

jgrimes by Explorer
  • 29 replies
  • 0 likes

110 PSI Air While on the Road

Thinking about upgrading from 80 PSI E-rated tires to 110 PSI G-rated tires. I assume 110 PSI air is available at most Love, Pilot-type truck stops?Anybody use a portable air compressor? If so, what make/model?

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 66 replies
  • 0 likes

IF, IF, if... 5th wheel dreaming

does a 5th wheel have a Master bedroom on the lower level?and is the master bathroom on the same level?I/we have no children/grand children/great grandchildren,no relatives living.and all of our good friends are dead.so no extra type of beds needed.....

Cedar Creek 5th wheel question

We are looking at the Cedar Creek 5th wheel. A salesman pointed out the glued and screwed aluminum frame of the Cedar Creek vs the welded aluminum frame. I'm looking for Cedar Creek owners feedback regarding experience (good or bad) with the screwed...

Decal care

Just got new 5er, previous one had decal disease and was a source of displeasure for DW. Have checked previous posts on care of decals but they were older. Older posts seemed to suggest 303 protective was a good choice . Are you aware of anything ...

What would you buy...

If you had 100k to spend on a new toy hauler...and you had the truck to pull anything...what would you buy?

RicB by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Clear Cauking

My 2015 Montana has clear caulking around everything on the sides and back. Is there any particular brand of clear caulking I should be using. I just have a few spots here and there to touch up. Thanks

Fuzion Black tank leak

Hi Guys,Have a leak in my black tank. Luckily, I discovered it after I had dumped my tanks, so I'm not using the toilet. I'm going to replace the tank. Problem is I don't know which one to order. According to my dealer, Keystone parts website shows 5...

danr1707 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

2014-2016 Dodge and Chevy owners

Hello, I am doing some inquiring and was hoping any owners would be able to tell me what they are getting for fuel mileage (diesel) with these rigs specifically looking at dually in the one ton. I currently own a 2008 Ford F450 and pull a 35 foot Op...

Joss by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

leaf spring shackles

Have learned something on every trip. On my last trip I discovered I had 4 broken shackle straps. The mobile mechanic said this fairly common. It is caused by constant bouncing and turning. Mine is a triple axle, but he said it happens to tandem also...

50 Amp Plug at Home

Up until today I've always plugged my 30 amp fifth wheel to a 20 amp circuit down in my shop and it's worked ok on a heavy extension cord. Today it popped the breaker a couple of times with the heat so I started checking out options. Turns out I have...

IdaD by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes