cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waxing the nose of my 5th wheel

Frank55
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of reccomendations does anyone have for cleaning and waxing the nose and back end of their 5th wheel. I cannot seem to get it looking good.
22 REPLIES 22

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
I wax the nose of our RV at least 3 or 4 times a season, it makes cleaning the bugs off so much easier. I use NU Finish.

Once a year usually in the fall I go over the entire RV with NU Finish. :B

Dan

Frank55
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the ideas but I failed to mention that nose is aluminum. Just can't get a good shine on it.

soje
Explorer
Explorer
lots of people rave about the floor finish products, such as Zep.
Never tried it but concerns about if starting to flake?
Just a thought..............
Several videos on youtube.

Explorer II
Explorer II
I use 3M marine One Step and then follow up with McGuiar's quick detailer spray in the red bottle
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Mark_Heisler
Explorer II
Explorer II
you need to remove the oxidation first then wax/polish it to get it to shine
look at my profile pictures that's a 11year old fifth wheel and a 15 year old truck
I used ultimate compound and nufinish
There also a new product from 3M its called Perfect-it 36110 gelcoat light cutting polish/wax. Its a one step ( it says you can get it on amazon.com and walmart.com)
2003 dodge 2wheel drive diesel 375hp 750torque
2007 citation fifth wheel model 29bhs
to see pictures of my truck and fifth-wheel click on view profile

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Read a suggestion a few days ago. Liquid auto dish soap. Rub it on and let it sit a while, rinse off. I tried it on the side of my fiver yesterday with one modification. I used a green scotch brite pad and gently rubbed it in. Rinced off off and applied a coat of polish. Beautiful, the oxidation is almost invisible.
I personally like either McGuires RV/Marine in the blue bottles or Colonite boat wax. Both produce excellent shine with moderate effort.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
There are some good products at marine stores for cleaning up gelcoat.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried Johnson's paste wax?
๐Ÿ™‚
Lynn