cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Toy Hauler today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
2,288 REPLIES 2,288

aemedic
Explorer
Explorer
This weekend I installed the correct Track II alignment system and un-flipped the axles (did the axle flip a few years ago) since the alignment kit adds 2".
Chris

2004 Bluebird Wanderlodge M380

soonernation
Explorer
Explorer
Used the fueling station for the first time. I used it to put gas in our sea doo. I had to maneuver the trailer around a bit to get the filler over to the nozzle but it worked. I need to figure out how to make the hose longer.
2013 Voltage 3200 Epic Full Paint
2014 Ford F350 DRW
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
www.facebook.com/VoltageToyHauler

Steve_O_Reno
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the propane detector. Looking at it it says replace in xxx- 2010. WTF they put a out of date part new !!!!?????

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Finally decided to fix the fuel pump and sand down the gears. The little plastic pin in the one gear managed to get lost between the trailer and the garage, :M a large pop rivet piece can be cut to fit.:B
The "O" ring gasket was about 1/2" to big,fixed that with scissors.
It works and no leaks.:B:B
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

1L243
Explorer II
Explorer II
I made coffee and breakfast....
2017 Coleman 300tq by Dutchman Toy Hauler. 34.5 feet long and under 10k Gross. 500 watt Solar 2000 watt Inverter, 1999 Ford F250 2WD 7.3 4R100 DP Tuner, S&B Cold Air Intake, Gauges, 6.0 Trans Cooler, Air Bags.

lamopar
Explorer
Explorer
While my wife was sleeping in the house, I started the generator which is right under my bed, and had my two boys take a long afternoon nap. The generator sound keeps them sleeping and the generator needs to run. It puts them in a good mood and I was able to partly install the air compressor system on my truck for my air bags!

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
jetboater454 wrote:
Ever notice how a "pro" does it once,but us average guys,who read instructions after the fact with a beer in hand,always seem to do it at least twice.Just proves we are not so lazy that we can't do it over and over....and at times it's still not right.

Never been in a professional shop where they were drinking beer and working,but if I ask the buddies to help me,first thing we do is have a beer.

Glad you figured it out.

Funny, I read the instructions and watched a video.
It looked like I could replace the fabric without removing the whole assembly, wrong.
To remove it from the side of the trailer, the awning fabric had to go forward since there is a light fixture just to the rear of the track. The slot in the drum went the other way.
Hindsight, I could have removed the light fixture and most likely slid the fabric out.
Oh well, got R done
2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 DMAX CC
2004 Thor Wanderer Wagon 247WTB
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
One thing I learned where I used to work: "There's never time enough to do it right, but there's always time enough to do it over." ๐Ÿ™‚

When I was a manager in a tire and auto center, I had a sign over my desk that said just that.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing I learned where I used to work: "There's never time enough to do it right, but there's always time enough to do it over." ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jetboater454
Explorer
Explorer
Ever notice how a "pro" does it once,but us average guys,who read instructions after the fact with a beer in hand,always seem to do it at least twice.Just proves we are not so lazy that we can't do it over and over....and at times it's still not right.

Never been in a professional shop where they were drinking beer and working,but if I ask the buddies to help me,first thing we do is have a beer.

Glad you figured it out.
2011 Toyota Tundra DC Long Bed
2001 Harley Dyna Lowrider

BobWanderer
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the awning fabric, such fun !!
I did learn its better to follow the instructions :S

I cut off the old one and then removed the frame from the rig, then try to remember what slots things go back into and which way to roll on the fabric on to the drum.
The instructions say remove the whole assembly from the rig, lay it on the ground and remove the fabric, noting which slots and what direction things go.
Oh well, got it done.
2006 TE450 Husky
2007 Rhino Sport Edition

mrxlh
Explorer
Explorer
Got my home made gen-turi made and tested out. Works like a champ and 1/3 the cost!!
Ryan

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got my new tires mounted, balanced, and put on the toyhauler: I went with the Sailun 235/85-16 G-rated tires so we'll see how it goes. I'm starting out at 105 psi and will see how the temps go, and how things ride. I don't need the extra weight capacity, but wanted to get away from ST tires.

Installed the TST TPMS on the toyhauler tires. What a simple system to install and setup. I got the flow-through sensors but would probably go with the other sensors if I had to do it again. The air flow through the sensor is really slow, so adding air takes about three times as long as without the sensor. Not a big deal though, just slightly annoying. I used my new Porter-Cable CMB 15 air compressor. That thing is super. Ran the tires up to 110 psi from 90 psi with no issues. Love it.

While the wheels were off getting tires changed, I replaced the EZ-Flex equalizers with the new parts they sent me last year. These do seem to be a much stiffer rubber, as there is very little deflection compared to the old ones.

Got the parts to install a piezo-electric ignitor on the oven, so that is the next project.

I'm also interested in putting on some better non-slip stuff on the ramp. Just haven't decided what.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Eskimo
Explorer
Explorer
Working on replacing the motor for the electric beds. Bench tested the motor to make sure the new one worked, installed it in the lift, tested (it worked), mounted it to the wall and now it doesn't work. I gave up on Saturday, did this dance 4 times. I'll ry again when I get home from work today. Update: Was able to get everything working now all that is left is to re-level the beds.

Finally was able to get the generator to remain on while under load. We're heading out for our first trip in the TH since my heart attack last July. It's been a long time but we're looking forward to it.

Sledge_Hammer
Explorer
Explorer
EBX wrote:
1. Put a 14" x 21" sliding window in the bathroom. Not even a vent in there.

2. Shelf on front wall.

3. Ran two over head lights in the front.

4. Made a step for the bathroom access.

5. Installed Reese weight distribution and Dual Cam HP.

6. Steam cleaned all the upholstery and carpet.

7. Installed two 2" pvc pipes for extension cord access the the outside. I plan on running electric space heaters on one from the 20 amp at the tower so I don't have to run it through the trailer 30 amp panel. Hopefully no breaker pop when on tv, coffee maker, micro wave.

8. Made a counter top extension for the kitchen. Never enough counter space.

9. Replace all the tires with new ones.

10. Moved the top bunk bed up 10" so I can get in it with the atv in the garage.

...and the "to do" list continues.

Wow! That was a long day.
2013 Fuzion FZ315
2013 Ford F350 DRW