cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which ladder

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
with my TT I just carried a little 6'ladder. now I have a 5th wheel and it will not reach the top. which do you carry. I see Telescoping Extension Ladders, but see a couple bad reviews.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚
21 REPLIES 21

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I got mine from Linnens & Things LP Logistic 7ft
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

MdMike1007
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this one for our camper... I carry it in the truck bed.

13' werner... about 3ft tall closed. opens into various configurations to 13ft.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_78390-287-MT-13_1z0wcfqZ1z140ir__?productId=1101061&pl=1

bertschb
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
7' double sided ladder. Works great-takes up little room.

These pics are from my 03 Cardinal. I've since moved up to a 13 Cedar Creek and now store the ladder on the ceiling of the pass thru storage. It is still in the PVC tube and can be taken out from either side of the compartment.

C.B.

Thanks for sharing! Just ordered one from Camping World.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
C.B. wrote:
3oaks wrote:
VTLee wrote:
C.B. posted pics of "7' double sided ladder. Works great-takes up little room." What brand is it and where did you get it. It is perfect for hauling around.
Camping World

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/7-double-sided-rung-ladder/20319

Check out Amazon and ebay.

C.B.

I bought this ladder at Camping World a couple of years ago on sale and am extremely happy with it. It is surprisingly sturdy, is easy to set up and take down, and is easily stored in my locked basement storage. I also like the fact that you can go up either side of it which gives a lot more flexibility around the RV. I thought about the Telesteps route but an extension ladder really limits the type of work that can be done and also makes the area on the RV that can be reached in one set up much smaller. I also didn't like the thought of leaning it against the RV. JMHO.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

dbonney
Explorer
Explorer
I have had a 14 foot Telesteps telescoping ladder for about five years with no p.roblems. I weight about 220 lbs. The ladder is rated for 300 lbs. You won't find the 14 foot ladder at Camping World. You can google to find construction supply companies that carry them. They are a little more expensive but well worth the cost for a heavy person like us.
Dale F. Bonney
Pennsylvania State Police - Retired
2016 Ford F350 Power Stroke Diesel DRW
2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS

mtofell1
Explorer
Explorer
If you're a bigger guy/gal read the reviews carefully for these folding ladders. There are/have been some problems with failures on certain types. I work in an industry where I use a folding ladder everyday and at 240# there are many folding ladders I wouldn't trust - mainly the telescoping type. Admittedly, occasional use is a whole other ballgame and I could see using one for that. Just be sure to read the weight rating, keeping in mind it applies to you and whatever your are carrying.

fwiw, I've used a 12' 4-fold ladder (3' tall when stored) for 15+ years and it's great. Little Giant, Werner, Climbtek, etc. all make a good solid product. Of course, these do take up more space than some of the other types.

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
thanks pipeman, I like the idea
hope I can find it down here.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 2 way ladder. It's a step ladder and converts to a wall ladder. I use it on the front and sides of my 5er. I bought rubber covers that fit over the ends that touch the 5er. It's 12 ft when a wall ladder. I hook it to my rear ladder with bungees and a chair hook that attaches to the ladder. Works for me. I got it at a chain hardware store here.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
3oaks wrote:
VTLee wrote:
C.B. posted pics of "7' double sided ladder. Works great-takes up little room." What brand is it and where did you get it. It is perfect for hauling around.
Camping World

Check out Amazon and ebay.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
VTLee wrote:
Camping World

VTLee
Explorer
Explorer

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Little giant 13' knock-off I got on sale at Menards for ~$60 a couple years ago. It rides in the bed of the truck. We've used it on NOMADS projects more than the 5er, but good to sweep stuff off 5er if i don't want to get on roof It's lighter than Little Giant (have a 16' at home).
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

Hvyhauler
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 7' Louisville fiberglass ladder which is kept on its side in the basement storage area. Its held in place with 2 bungee cords and easily accessible.
2006 Dodge 3500 DRW SLT 4x4 LB QC CTD PullRite SuperGlide
2007 Mountaineer 336RLT Mich. XPS Ribs Duro Max XP4400E Gen.
2000 Lance 1130 Torklifts/SL/Stainless Generac Gen.
2 Rescued Camping Collies (always ready to go)

Allworth
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry the same one as Dennis but with red hardware. Got it on E-Bay for a $91 bid.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"