cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Will golf cart fit?

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I recently purchased a Grand Design Momentum 385TH toy hauler and plan on putting a golf cart in the garage. There is 76 inches under the happi-jack dinette from floor to support bracket. I ordered a golf cart with a 4inch lift and 12 inch wheels that is going to be 72 inches tall. I was wondering if coming up the ramp door to load the golf cart into the garage, will it possibly hit the dinette or is the 4 inch of space enough to clear it? I appreciate any feedback. I wanted to go with a 6 inch lift but that would make the golf cart 76-78 inched and I wouldn't have the clearance.
2014 Grand Design Momentum 385TH
2011 Ford F-350 6.7 Crew Cab DRW Golden Bronze Metallic
Reese 20K fifth wheel hitch
Firestone ride rite airbags
34 REPLIES 34

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
No problem at all. I love the carts as much as I love the toy haulers. If he's thinking 72", you may just want to go 6" on the lift which shouldn't put you no more than 74". I wouldn't want to go less than 22" tires especially on 12" wheels. They start to look ricer! I love my 23s and the top speed that they afford me. You trade off some torque and thus hill climbing speed with larger tires, but they look good and really roll you down the road. I hope to upgrade to an aftermarket controller this year, but max speed on the stock controller with the 23s is 22-23 mph. With 4 of us on board, I can pull just about any hill at 12-13 mph. It was kind of fun at Ft Wilderness passing rental carts on the open road while we had 6 people on our cart. I'm not really looking for more speed, but a higher amp controller will allow me to maintain more like 16-18 mph on the hills.
2011 Ford F-350 4X4 CC LB SRW 6.7
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere. You have been a great help. Spoke to the cart manufacturer today and told him we had a couple of inches to raise the cart if he needed to. He is putting 22 inch tires on 12 inch wheels and a 4 inch lift kit. He said should be around 72 inches in height. He wants to see if the tires will rub with weight on the cart. If they do then he will make the decision to either lift a couple of more inches or go to a little smaller tire. Thanks again for all your help.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I measured it Sunday during one of our discussions. 76" to the bottom of the L frame and 80" to the bottom of the bed, however the support legs in the middle of the bed may only be 78-78.5". The width between the frames was 44" at the narrowest point but the frame tapers so you really have about 48" at a the point where your roof would clear the support legs. Basically your 43" roof will fit between the frames giving you a total available height of about 77". You will be fine at 75".
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere. Is there any chance you would be able to measure your clearance from floor to bottom of L bracket dinette to make sure it is the same height (76 inches) as my Momentum? I spoke to my golf cart manufacturer yesterday and they have not done the lift yet. Just painted the body. So if yours is the same set up as mine I can tell him 75 inches would fit. Right now I limited him to 72 inches. Thx for all your help!!!!!

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
Oaklevel, does the XT-Innovations system rattle? I don't need the extra clearance with my current setup, but I would like to install an 88" roof eventually and that will add some height to the cart. My biggest worry with the drop brackets is that it will rattle and annoy me.
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere wrote:
You shouldn't have any problem at all. My Ezgo TXT with 5" lift and 23" tires measures 75" tall and fits just fine with maybe a little more than 2" to spare. I'm Fuzion and not Grand Design, but the Happi-Jack beds seem to be mounted the same in all of the toy haulers. Based on the measurements provided previously, it sounds like the 355 has the same clearance as my Fuzion 315.

As mentioned previously, letting air out of the tires can gain you maybe 2", but that can be a real PITA. XT-Innovations has a hinged bracket system that allows you lower the roof close to 3" by just pulling a few pins. XT-Innovations

Either way, you should have no problem at all with a 4" lift and tires no larger than 23". I wouldn't lose any sleep over it!

I have the bracket system on mine. Works fine.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
They aren't too friendly about site requests. I just got lucky. I had requested 1300 loop and when we checked in, I stood there with the app in hand checking the "available sites". They gave me 3 choices in the 1300 loop and that was the best. Your rig should be about 6' longer than mine, but you should still have plenty of room. The ground drops off gently behind the pad. You should be able to park so your ramp is just at the end of the pad and you will be able to unload the cart just like that.

It was a pretty easy site to back into and it is the last in the loop so you only have 1 neighbor that is close.
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere Ft Fiends app says 18ft wide and 74 feet deep average backin difficulty. Might have to request the same sight when I get there.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
I was wrong. We were at 1333....one of the longest sites at the Fort.

I think that site was 75 deep.
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Just got off the phone with my Golf Cart manufacturer. The roof is 43 inches wide so I might be able to go right down the middle between the L brackets of the dinette and have a height of 80 inches to play with instead of 76 inches.

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere. I have that app already thats why I was saying the 1200 or 1300 loop. Those seem to be the largest sites at the Fort. When I go to Ocean City Maryland we go to Frontiertown and we always rent a cart to go back and forth tp the water park. I am actually going to call the dealer that is building my cart to see what the width of the roof is going to be.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
We visit a local Jellystone as well, but the locations in MD & PA do not allow personal carts since they have their own rental fleet. The 1300 loop is where we stayed at Ft Wilderness and those sites are the best I have ever seen. We had site 1331 during our last stay. The site is deep enough that I was able to park the trailer with enough room to put the ramp door down on the concrete and unload/load the cart without moving the trailer while still having plenty of room for the truck to sit in front of the trailer. The premium sites are well worth the money. Fortfiends.net has an app that will show you a picture of most of the sites along with a description of the site including length, width, hookup location and ease of entry ratings. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog

LI_Happy_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
720Deere. I will be going to Fort Wilderness for 3 weeks next summer. Fort Wilderness only does reservations 499 days in advance so I need to wait until May to make mine. The cart will get plenty of use there. I always stayed in the 700 loop to be walking distance to the marina but now I think we will be going to the 1200 or 1300 loops which are larger, and use the cart to go everywhere. Heading down to Ocean Lakes Myrtle Beach for Easter and Dollywood last week of July and Cherrystone first week of August. We also go to a Yogi Bear Jellystone 2 hours from our house for numerous weekends and golf carts are allowed there also.

720Deere
Explorer
Explorer
We will be returning to Disney's Fort Wilderness campground this November for the second time. During our 2012 visit, I tracked the miles on the cart one day. We were driving the cart 20+ miles a day! It seemed like everywhere you went from our site was about 1 mile so figure every trip was 2 miles round trip. With 3 adults and 5 kids, it didn't take long for the trips and miles to add up. We drove the cart to the bus stop to go to the parks, to the camp store, to the pool, to the bar, to the group campfire, to the marina, to the dinner show and sometimes just sightseeing. I also shoot sporting clays so the cart gets used quite a bit for that also. We get a lot of use out of it in our neighborhood as well by taking the kids to a friend's house or picking them up. After 2 years of use, I have no regrets about the purchase. Coming from a farming background I would much prefer to have a 4wd ATV, but I know it would not get used nearly as much as the cart does.
2013 Keystone Fuzion 315
B&W Companion Hitch
1 wife 2 kids and 1 dog