cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Possible Canada boarder opening mid August

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
There is a possibility that the Canadian boarder May open for โ€œfully vaccinatedโ€ USA travellers by mid August., and world travellers by September.
Time will tell.
Boarder opening possibility

Soup
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks
57 REPLIES 57

Orion
Explorer
Explorer
People here are complaining that we have opened up the border to Americans, but the US is not yet reciprocated to allow Canadians to travel south.
However, Canada has over 80% of its over 12 yr vaccinated, while the US is only at 56%! We are the ones that are wrong! Are we nuts! It seems so backwards! What's going on?
Sometimes I sit and think deep thoughts. other times, I just sit!

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
azdryheat wrote:
I'm not showing my 'papers' to anybody. Not to cross a border, not to fly in a airplane, not ever. Whatever happened to the HIPPA Law about medical privacy?
It's your right to stay home.

But you're from AZ. Haven't ever been stopped on the Interstate at one of the "show me your papers" huts? I have.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
AKsilvereagle wrote:

2 - While Canada itself is surrounded by two oceans and the United States, the two oceans were not going to be the source of potential increase in COVID cases

THREE oceans.

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
I'm not showing my 'papers' to anybody. Not to cross a border, not to fly in a airplane, not ever. Whatever happened to the HIPPA Law about medical privacy?

As a cop, when HIPPA first came out, we were briefed that at an accident scene, for example, the medics weren't allowed to tell us cops if the person they were working had any DUI symptoms. Yet there's folks demanding to see our vaccination 'papers'.

As a cop you should know US laws only apply in the US.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
moisheh wrote:
Azdryheat. You can keep your papers private but do not expect to travel outside the USA. Or even enter many concerts,sports events,museums,restaurants and more. Your choice.

That's good stay put, you will be happy and we will be happy.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:

As a cop, when HIPPA first came out, we were briefed that at an accident scene, for example, the medics weren't allowed to tell us cops if the person they were working had any DUI symptoms. Yet there's folks demanding to see our vaccination 'papers'.

That is entirely because of the concept of self-incrimination.

Showing proof you were vaccinated is hardly revealing any confidential medical records.

So youโ€™re ok showing your passport to various folks in the process of travelling somewhere, your D.O.B. etc, etc, clearly displayed, but NOT saying you got 2 jabs in the arm?

Umm, yeah, ok.

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Azdryheat. You can keep your papers private but do not expect to travel outside the USA. Or even enter many concerts,sports events,museums,restaurants and more. Your choice.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
The HIPAA (1996) is a US federal law that doesnโ€™t apply in Canada. The reality of it is that if anyone decides to refuse proof of vaccination at a Canadian entry point, they will be simply denied entry.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
moisheh wrote:
The press conference today was chaotic English and French at the same time. Each Official just repeated the same speech. There is some confusion on the testing. I had heard them say that testing would be random.

thats for ariving by plane. also this is only a plan, it is all subject to 1, canada hitting the number of people vacanated that we have set, and that there is no increase of cases once it opens. if there isit will be shut down again.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
The press conference today was chaotic English and French at the same time. Each Official just repeated the same speech. There is some confusion on the testing. I had heard them say that testing would be random.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well I thought things had changed just the other day. Had a camper come in with Canadian plates. Got a chance to speak to them later, they are US citizens living in Canada. They said they needed to have their ducks in a row with paper work, but could leave and return without too much hassle.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Good news for Americans. Effective Aug.9 fully vaccinated us citizens can enter Canada. But no news yet from the USA. Supposedly Homeland Security is not making changes on Wednesday.

Maine-iacs
Explorer
Explorer
Border to open August 9th, if you're vaccinated.

"To be eligible for entry, fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents must present a negative covid-19 molecular test taken within 72 hours of flight departure or arrival at a land crossing. They will also be required to upload proof that they have received a full series of an authorized coronavirus vaccine at least 14 days before departure to a Canadian government app."
Maine-iacs from the Great State of Maine

Jim
2018 Cougar 32RLI
2021 F-350 4x4 Crew Cab

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian announcement at 1.30 eastern today.