cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

10 year wax

pointrow
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer tried to sell me what he called a 10 year wax job for $40. per ft. I declined but got to wondering what the product is they use and can it be purchased somewhere?
Thanks
pointrow
19 REPLIES 19

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
10 year wax? Yeah thats about how often I wax that giant box and it still looks good. Keeping it clean is much more important.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
Rollnhome wrote:
Excellent product.
Thing is you have to hard wax it every year and spray wax/polish it every 6 months in between to not void the warranty. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now THAT'S a good one!! :B
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

s_N_s
Explorer
Explorer
10 year wax. :R That's funny.
Steve & Sally
Hudson (Our Little Pom)
HiTee, Houston & Heidi (Forever In Our Hearts and Never Forgotten)
04 NEWMAR MACA 3778 W22
05 pt Cruiser Vert 5 speed
Demco baseplate with Commander Tow Bar

"Never try to outsmart your common sense"

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Interested in a a bridge from Brooklyn, NY? Call me. I'll send you my catalog.

09FLSTC
Explorer
Explorer
Let me back up. I'm lazy on a lot of things but waxing my MH is not one. I wax it twice a year (occasionally pay some traveling gypsies to do it) but it gets done. My paint is perfect less the few road chips. Don't buy snake oil. Invest in your or somebody's labor instead.

09FLSTC
Explorer
Explorer
All you have to do is rub the back of your hand over the paint to know if it needs waxed. 10 years? Spare me.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've never heard of a 10 year wax!

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
My ZEP High Gloss floor polish is on its 3rd year. I guess I got 7 more years to go.
IRV2

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like the wax job you pay a huge amount of money for when you purchase a new MH. Its just a way to gain a bigger profit for the seller.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
You do not say what kind of paint job the coach has, BUT! if you have a full body paint job with several coats of clear coat, you have to be very carful what kind of wax you use because of the clear coat. Some waxes will actually dull the look on the clear coat.

My coach is eleven years old now and all I do is wash it with a dry wash and when it is ready for a wax job which is like once every year. I go to WalMart and buy liquid Blue Coral, mix it with water and pressure wash it. Then I just get a squeegee and wipe it as much as possible, followed by a dry cloth on spots I could not get with the squeegee. It looks like the day I bought the coach. Paint job has held really good for eleven years.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Rollnhome
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent product.
Thing is you have to hard wax it every year and spray wax/polish it every 6 months in between to not void the warranty. ๐Ÿ™‚
2008 Discovery 40X towing a Jeep Grand Cherokee

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
You can go to a auto paint supply place and buy the same snake oil. It comes in a gallon jug for $40 and is made by Meguiars.

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
Thunder Mountain wrote:
Can you spell profit? Snake oil!

all your buying is a warrenty, its a screw job
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
I saw it in a catalog right next to the Brooklyn Bridge.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox