cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aberdeen WA to Port Townsend WA ??

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Making this trip in the next few days. I see there's two hiway 101's, one closer to the ocean and the more inland one, I'm not in any big hurry. Any suggestions on which route to take as far as scenery is concerned and good road to travel. I have a 38ft motor home with a tow car. Thanks
Brian
4 REPLIES 4

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Brian, take the west coast route. It's a beautiful run up the peninsula. We just finished that leg. Be sure to take in the rain forest. Easy trail along the water. We stayed at Copalis Beach thru RPI. Great park on the ocean. From there we stayed at La Push at Quilete, again steps to the ocean. Forks is kinda eh unless you're a Twilight fan...:W. While in the area, a side trip to Neah Bay is awesome. There's a short but beautiful trail that will take you to the northwestermost point of the lower 48 States.

Not much in the way of "beautiful" campgrounds after that. Elwha was ok but not much to write home about. We stayed at Salt Creek RV and Golf CG. 9 holes of golf at $10. Many permanents but overall it was a good safe park.

Hurricane Ridge is not to be missed. Be sure to take the trail leading north from the visitor's center. It's a loop. There's also a picnic ground so pack a lunch.

In Port Townsend, there is the Port Hudson CG overlooking the water. We couldn't get the spot we wanted (308) so we stayed at the Elks lodge there. Very nice CG if you're an Elk. W/E only. We took the ferry across to Whidbey Island, ($100 for 65' rig) and you have to have reservations.

You'll not have any issues with your rig. Sit back and enjoy the trip....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
West route up through Forks and through Port Angeles. Stop at some of the Olympic National Park sites along the way.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know...if time was not of the essence, I would take the west route up and over the Park and then back down to Port Townsend. Going home, I would take the shorter route. Remember there is a Costco at Sequim, only a few miles from Port Townsend. If you have the time, drive up to Port Angeles and Hurricane Ridge.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

TANDDANDBIGE
Explorer
Explorer
Easy one. Take the one closer to the ocean. The one on the East side of the peninsula is also beautiful, but a windy-twisty drive. Port Townsend has a nice downtown area, lots of shops, eateries. Enjoy
2002 HR ENDEAVOR 40'
2007 FORD EDGE TOAD