cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Air Conditioner Issue

marbilupton
Explorer
Explorer
My air conditioner is stopping running and then in a few seconds starting back up again. It is doing that 3 or 4 times in a row. Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this?
Retired Navy, 39 Years
2005 Winnebago Voyage 35D
2006 Honda Crv
Blue OX Alexus Tow Bar
Brake Buddy
6 REPLIES 6

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
marbilupton, funny, we are having the same thing happen with both our a/c's. I posted in here too. I will keep an eye on your posts as well as my own to see if anyone comes up with a good reason. We did reset our thermostat by following this from another post.....Posted By: ac650 on 09/21/11 08:30am

I'm a retired Telecom and computer tech. Sounds like you may have a communication problem in the RJ-11 jacks. To test comm integrity, start with the on/off switch OFF on the comfort control unit. While holding both the Mode and Zone buttons down, turn the switch ON. The display should show "FF". Release the Mode and Zone buttons. If comm is OK the display will show both units in the off mode. If display shows "EE" there is probably an issue with the RJ-11 wires/jacks but you could have a bad board in one of the roof units. RJ-11 jacks are infamous for poor connections. Telecom guys HATE them!

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
...Had that happen several years ago as well on our TT. Turned out to be a faulty thermostat. Problem went away after replacing it.

'Twas a cheap and easy fix, not much lost if it doesn't fix it, so I'd start there.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

BrianinMichigan
Explorer
Explorer
Low voltage coming into the motorhome?
1990 GEORGIE BOY 28' 454 4BBL, TURBO 400 TRANS,
CAMPING: WHERE YOU SPEND A SMALL FORTUNE TO LIVE LIKE A HOMELESS PERSON.

carp65
Explorer
Explorer
Had that situation on our front A/C. Turned out to be a faulty thermostat.
Had it replaced and no more trouble.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Describe more, but may be a thermostat.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If it a basement A/C that is normal. Has to shut down for a few seconds to start or stop the second compressor
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"