cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anderson levelers question

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
In my Class C with dual tires on the rear, won't I need 3 sets of Anderson levelers? Two for the back tires and one for the front chassis tire? Without raising the front chassis tire too, it seems there would be torque that could cause damage. Can anyone clarify?
8 REPLIES 8

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
In years past I used the 2x6 wood planks like others but they were heavy and awkward to store,I then tried the Lego type blocks but found that they broke to easy and were a pain to setup when you don't get it right the first time and had to drive off,re-stack, and make them higher,to labor intensive.

When I bought my RV,a former Rental, it came with Tri Level Ramps They don't break and if they are good enough to withstand the use in that market they must be good.

I have used them a lot and have had no problems and they are easy to use and store. 4 is the most I have ever needed,most times just 2 if at all.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
Power levelers have something like the level pro built into the controller. Why would you need the level pro?

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I went back to using 2 x 8 boards. They can be stacked.

My reason for leveling was to protect the fridge. I've added the ARP protection device--and so now I don't worry quite so much.

gja1000 wrote:
So then, question is, what is your recommendations for the best way to level your Class C?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use Andersen levelers and are happy with them - but we have a towable. I recently installed a piece of technology, though, that really changed how we go about leveling and I think it would make an even bigger difference for a motorhome. That is:

LevelMatePro

(I ordered mine from Amazon.) Once you level the rig your normal way (we used a large carpenter's level and two-way radios) and calibrate the system, you simply use your phone to check how far out of level your RV is on a particular site. The LevelMatePro tells you which side needs to come up - and by how many inches - and at the same time whether and how far the front or back need to come up. I now know exactly how much each set of wheels or the front landing gear need to up or down. This means I could go back to carrying several thicknesses of wood and get exactly level if something happened to my Andersens. The system is designed for either towables or motorhomes.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
So then, question is, what is your recommendations for the best way to level your Class C? On our roadtrip this summer, we rarely needed to level the motorhome. Its only 24 feet and usually it was pretty level. On occasion, we had to level side to side and once side to side and front to back too. In that case, we would need FOUR!

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Based on our use of them my vote is one per tire.

ChooChooMan74
Explorer
Explorer
Andersen Levelers, IMHO, are meant for trailers.
Great American Anti-Towing Conspiracy
2015 Ram Truck 1500 Ecodiesel Tuned By Green Diesel
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD Tuned By Green Diesel (Retired to Daily Driver)
2015 Rockwood Roo 183
Stop on by and read my Camping Blogs
Nights Camped in 2015 - 19 and Winterized

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I have to say I've abandoned the Anderson Levelers. I found them hard to use--and one broke about the third time I used them.

I had four so that I could do side to side and front to back at the same time on my class C.

Some folks think that 3 are not needed--but I did not like that idea at all.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.