cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone with the Chevy 6.0 Class C?

dougsrv4mx
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking at a new 29 ft Class C with the 6.0 Chevy. I'm looking for real world MPG with this Chassis. I know how you drive effects MPG and RV's are not a cheap form of transportation. I have a Sprinter Class C now and I need something bigger and a Diesel pusher is out of the budget.
22 REPLIES 22

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Mine, a 2004 3500 chassis, is only 33 gallons. I think a larger one was optional and was probably employed by some MH makers. Since mine gets 10+ MPG I can live with 33 gallons.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Just for the record, they do come with large fuel tanks. Mine is 57 gallons. That would give me a 500 mile range, not that I have ever tried to go that far on a tank full.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is always THIS
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

dougsrv4mx
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, anyone else?

TippleUnduly
Explorer
Explorer
My Cruiser is on a 2006 Chevy, total length is 31' ...advertised as less than that. We took a 7800 coast to coast trip and got an honest 10.1 MPG. No tow. Great chassis!
Bill K

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
that may be it
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
burlmart wrote:
Snowman9000 wrote:
Sounds like the little ones and aero B+'s get 10-11, and the larger ones get 8-9.
Still, that's not bad. It seems about 1 MPG better than what I've read about the Fords.

On our 23' model, the 6.0 has plenty of power. I have not driven it at high altitude yet, though. Hills yes, but altitude no.

I may be nuts, but when we travel in Minnesota, the mileage seems to hug around 12 mpg, while down here, 10.5-11 is typical...altitude, gas mix, humidity???

I could swear that on one particular trip, we hit 12 mpg up north and 9 mpg coming down I-55 thru Mississippi. It was not summer, I don't think.

If you happen to come across ethanol-free gas, you'll definitely get better mileage. That could be what happened.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW big diesel Super Cs get 12 mpg, and I have heard Class A rigs w/ the gas Tritin V-10 getting 10 mpg

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
Sounds like the little ones and aero B+'s get 10-11, and the larger ones get 8-9.
Still, that's not bad. It seems about 1 MPG better than what I've read about the Fords.

On our 23' model, the 6.0 has plenty of power. I have not driven it at high altitude yet, though. Hills yes, but altitude no.

I may be nuts, but when we travel in Minnesota, the mileage seems to hug around 12 mpg, while down here, 10.5-11 is typical...altitude, gas mix, humidity???

I could swear that on one particular trip, we hit 12 mpg up north and 9 mpg coming down I-55 thru Mississippi. It was not summer, I don't think.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
lowreyfarris wrote:
I have an 07 28A (29' 9" total length) on the Chevy 4500 with a 6.0L. I normally get around 8.5 mpg's when going 65 on flat roads around Texas. I did manager to get 10 mpg's once, but that was with the generator off, no wind, and all tanks empty. When it's really windy and I am running the generator to power the house A/C, I get around 8.0mpg. I have a Scan Gauge plugged in at all times so I can see how much of a difference my speed makes while I drive. It has probably paid for itself that way.

I gotta get me one of those gizmos. Maybe today.
๐Ÿ™‚

scroller95969
Explorer
Explorer
Our 23' consistently gets 10-11 mpg pulling a 3000# cargo trailer - most of the time around 10.5 mpg. That is unless we are pushing a headwind for a lot of miles. I never drive over 60 mph and have a very light foot.
Jeff & Lori
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 22B - Chevy chassis
10' Wells cargo trailer
Gracie Mae - our 9 year old Papillon

Deleted-3
Explorer
Explorer
Phil Here. My 2004 22 FT Minnie Winnie with the Chevy 6.0 V8 gives me 10-11 mpg all day long. I have a no-frills Class C with no Slide's, No Awning or Power steps. I do not tow anything.

I have a 33 gal. fuel tank and consume a one whole tank of gas a day, 350 miles is my limit on driving. I would not own a RV with a V10. I don't care how much money you think you have? Bad gas mileage is no fun..............

2004 22 FT Minnie Winnie 6.0 Chevy V8 Phil Justice

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
10-11 mpg rarely w/ 12 in very favorable conditions.

Better get a big tank for range, ours is 33 or 35 gallons, and a bit over 300 miles is definitely gas up time.