cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bad experience picking up RV at LaMesa RV in Davis, CA .

Chevytrkr
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my new Class A last week at LaMesa RV in Davis, CA. Having dealt with LaMesa before, I should have expected problems, and I wasn't disappointed. My appointment was for 1:00 p.m., but when I got there, they were having a pot luck and weren't finished with my rig. After waiting an hour, my service agent said my rig was ready for the PDI. The walk through with Jim took about an hour, and was pretty much comprehensive. This being my first motor home, I had lots of questions, which Jim explained how things worked. After the PDI, I returned to the office to complete the never ending stack of papers for signing. We waiting for another hour waiting to be told the rig was ready for me to transfer my stuff from my trade-in to my new rig. I walked back to the service bay and found nothing had been done, and no one knew what was happening with my rig. Seeing my trade-in parked near my new rig, I began moving things over until someone came out to finish getting my rig ready. That took another hour. Finally, my rig was ready to drive away. Then we noticed a problem with the passenger seat belt which needed to be replaced. I also noticed a problem with a piece of trim that required the rig to go back to the service bay for repair. After another hour (if you're keeping track, that's five hours now) I noticed all the service personnel leaving for the day. I walked to the service department to find out the status of my rig. No one was around and the service department was closed. I found my service agent as he was leaving and asked about my rig. He said it was ready quite some time ago and that I should have been informed that it was ready. Someone should have driven the rig back to the office and informed me of the repairs. That was never done. Also, I was missing some shelves in my refrigerator that the service manager said he would order right away. That never happened either. I called recently and they ordered my shelves. Why would the shelves be missing from my refrigerator unless they were removed to put into another rig? The shelves were there when I purchased the rig. The service agent told me he couldn't take some from another rig to put in mine due to some manufacturer "law". Seemed odd, but I accepted his excuse thinking I would get my shelves in time for our first camping trip. Yeah, right. When pigs fly. I hope others getting new rigs at LaMesa RV in Davis have better results than I had. I'm thinking this is the last time I'll ever do business with them.
Rich & Anne
SW Louisiana

2014 Fleetwood Storm 28F
2013 Fiat 500 Pop
24 REPLIES 24

pusherpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I had a very negative experience with them 8 yrs ago. The deal went right down to having made the down payment and getting ready to transfer from our old rig to the new one when they said the bank wouldn't finance the deal until we came up with another $10k down. I thought it was a done deal, they didn't tell us till the last minute because they knew if they'd told us before we drove 500 mi to close the deal we'd back out. I backed out anyway and demanded my down payment check back. Seems they'd already cashed it. Unethical to the max. Got them to cut a check (4hrs later) and then, wife in tears me ready to kill someone, the sales guy says "hey we've got other rigs here you can deal on". I didn't want to go to jail so we walked. Two other times I walked on their lot to look at a specific rig and when I left I was a mess. They had some of the worst hi-pressure sales guys I've ever had to deal with. They didn't want you to look at anything they wanted to sell you something.

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased my current MH from LaMesa. I will never use them again. It took months and a letter from an attorney to get them to complete the work that was clearly promised on the purchase contract.
Good luck
Happy Trails.

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
They should have invited you to the potluck.

Miles
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
KampingKris wrote:
looked a bit unorganized.

Sounds like most of them.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

KampingKris
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at motorhomes there. But we were looking at diesels.
They have lots of inventory.
Not sure if we wanted to purchase from them... looked a bit unorganized.
KampingKris & FiremanSteve
Jada - American Eskie princess
2008 Tiffin Allergro Bus
2010 Polaris 850XP
2010 Polaris RZR

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you post your experience on RV Service Reviews?

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why have them fix everything while you wait? When I went to pick my RV up the turn signals weren't working. They weren't going to let me have it because they were worried about the liability because it was a safety item, but they didn't have anybody available to fix them either. I convinced the manager to let me take the RV because we planned a camping trip at a close by location anyway and I figured there would be other things that needed fixed. He agreed and I took and did what was basically a shakedown cruise. I found a list of other things and took the motorhome back in and had them all fixed at one time, and it wasn't while I waited. It actually took them several weeks to fix everything because one of the problems was the generator that they eventually had to replace.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Gau_8
Explorer
Explorer
I had a similar experience with La Mesa in Florida and would not use them again on a bet!

adayjk
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, took 6 hours at my local dealer for my unit too. Everyone was running like mad because they were so busy. I haven't heard about my damaged items "on order" either.

I promised I wouldn't get mad about the time that day, and I warned my family not to get upset either. There were several times during the day when the next person "forgot", but they got it done with reminders.

It is sad that even when you are spending tens of thousands of dollars you have to remind people to treat you with respect.

workhardplayha1
Explorer
Explorer
Lessons learned. Never have an afternoon apointment for taking delivery. It always seems to be an all day event.