Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Oh man, got lucky today. And rock guards serve a purpose

This was a real eye opener for us today. I try to be as safe as a driver on the road as possible. Two hands on the wheel and eyes on the road at all times. Well I screwed up and it really makes me angry and a lesson learned. We were 3 hours into our ...

et2 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Refrigerator not cooling

My refrigerator is not cooling on gas or 110 but I'm not that level. We're going on our first trip in this RV. The gas burner comes on. Am I worried over nothing? How level does it have to be?

Interested (again) in used Class A

Hi to all,Last year my wife & I looked for a new-to-us camper that would be big enough for extended stay and we considered both TT and class A MH. Thinking that we would always be in CGs and not needing a generator we purchased a nearly new 34' TT. B...

MartyW by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Intermittent Turbo

Took a trip to PA this weekend, 4 hour drive. After 2.5 hrs when climbing , the turbo boost started to kick out. With the pedal to the floor the boost would go to 12, down to 5 then up to 12 then down to 5. Kept doing this through entire climb, was n...

kenbert by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

would you drive a "new" used MH 2,000 miles?

My son recently joined the MI National Guard and he is doing basic training at fort sill Oklahoma. We have been looking at getting in to camping again, but the timing is not good financially to get the one we would really like, in the 15-20k range. b...

jotityra by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

settled on a specific "wish list"--is it out there?

So after doing LOTS of online looking and giving a lot of thought to my intended use of a motorhome, I've settled on the following wish list:*B+ with storage but no overhead bunk (will settle for a C with no front window and one-piece design like som...

coolmom42 by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Newer diesel engines

I am looking for a used maybe a Newmar in the 40 ft range. I was told today that starting in 09 the engines were not as good as previous years. Is this true that in these years I would more likely to blow the engine. He did not tell me what would hap...

bazdad by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Air Conditioner Acting funny??

So, was that subject descriptive enough to bring you here? Here is where I am. I go to a RV park with full hookups, which is rare for me as I am a boondock camper mostly. I run the Rear 13,500BTU A/C (2 on board) and somewhere in the middle of the ni...

Antjaw by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

yellowstone in class A

Staying in yellowstone, Grant village, no toad. Are there transport services ( not 100 dollar tours) to get around without moving the house?

onan 7. 5DKDFJ generator fuel and oil filter

Hello. First time changing oil and fuel filters on my Onan generator and I thought I had the right oil filter as I took the make and number from what was on the generator. However really hard to get the old one off as it was on really tight. Did...

Forest River Coachmen Mirada 35DS

How about some Pros and Cons on this coach, while I'm bouncing around the thought of a 1 1/2 bath gas puller....http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classa/2012-Mirada-29694.htmAny opinions on other brands that might better qualify and maybe with a Workhorse...

Mercedes class A???

So we were in the U.P. (Munising MI.). seen this and thought it was cool. first time I ever seen one.I wish I could`ve gotten a better pic. not sure what the year is, I think mid 70`s?

Grey water

When camping in full hookups I always keep my grey tank closed until full. When dumping the grey tank it smells worst than the black? Would it be better to keep the tank open or closed?

camp104 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Class C and a toad

Looking at Forester River Forester 25ft (2501TS) and 27ft (2701DS).Both come on the Ford E450 chassis and the V10 engine.Will be using a Honda CRV for toad (approx. 3,200 lbs).Just curious how folks that have a Class C think they handle pulling a toa...

LetsRV by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes