Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Radio fuse bypass on a 06 Honda CRV.

Trying to install a bypass switch on the radio/accessories fuse circuit on my 06 CRV, I pulled the fuse #8(7.5 amp)on the fuse panel (per car instructions), the problem is that when I pulled the fuse, the radio still plays and when I turn it OFF the ...

kiloo9 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Portland to San Francisco on the 101

In the Fall we are planning a trip from Portland to San Francisco I want to take the 101 down the coast has anyone taken this trip with a Class A Motorhome? Do I need to be concerned about low overhead and that type of thing?It seems that every time...

DBakker1 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Big Foot leveler wont, retact

My right rear Jack won't retact with button on panel, However it will retact with the emergency button. is it OK to use the emergency button all the time?

GM GVWR/GCWR chassis/powertrain questions

Starting to do my research here, but it seems very few people ask the questions that I do. I'm indifferent to class A vs class C, I'm after something no bigger than 25' and I'm sure either can accomodate my needs as far as amenities go. I want to pul...

Privacy Curtain Solution for Class C's

Just wanted to share a mod that I did with my RV yesterday. I wanted a privacy curtain so that people could not see into the RV from the front window. There were many options but many were expensive and I was looking for something simple that I could...

Where and How to buy RV?

Greetings to all. I have been "lurking" on this site for months, but just went legit. My family of 3 (beautiful wife, an 11-yr. old daughter plus a medium-sized Aussie named Romeo - ok family of 4) are about to BUY our first RV! We rented about 1 yea...

Ceiling Trim

I had some work done on my roof a year ago which necessitated the technicians to work inside as well. They had to replace a section on the leatherette roof and a strip of trim. The trim never really fit- they eventually resorted to putting small sc...

Freightliner

I have to say the 24/7 Freightliner Helpline is the best thing since pockets were invented. The people on the other end of the phone know their business. If they cannot answer your question or solve your Freightliner chassis problem no one can. My th...

Adding an Air Leveling System

Currently we have a RVA hydraulic manual leveling system what works just fine but, for a variety or reasons, I'm thinking it might be nice to have an automatic air leveling system as well.Has anyone ever done something like this, what would be involv...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator issues

We have a 2004 Damon Challenger 348W with an Onan 5500 gas powered generator. We noticed that when on generator we don't have all the 120vac power we should have. The forward AC unit doesn't work nor does the microwave. I didn't bother to check all t...

Big_Arn by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

data port

On F53/460...where is the computer data port to plug in a scanner?

Power Gear Slide help

Hey all, looking for some input on fixing a Power Gear electric slide, 2008 Winnebago Vista (F53 chassis). On the forward slide, there are two rails, as I was pulling the slide in, I heard a not normal noise right before the stops. Now, the forward...

unixius by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C sprung a leak-solder?

Went out to exercise gen and ac's today. One not cold and found a leak. One of the 2 little capillary??? lines has a hole rubbed in it. Seems to be an odd size. O.D. Measures .110". I have enough room to cut and splice with a connector but it is smal...

JackMS by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

smell deisel fumes up front with a deisel pusher

I have 2009 Monaco beaver 43 ft coach, with a c9 425 cat engine .after running one hour there is diesel fumes in the coach. It runs well. did a complete inspection of the exhaust system. they did find a small leak at the turbo charger. the only othe...

ltm by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Questions about 1995 Pace Arrow

A friend of mine called last night and said he has been offered a nice 1995 Pace Arrow at a very good price. He wanted to know if there are any known issues with this unit. Don't have model name but know it is a 30 something footer.Said I would look ...