Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

2004 Tiffin Allegro Bay 37DB

After many month and miles we have final found a nice RV and put down a deposit. It is the above couch. It is on a workhorse chassis with about 55K miles. We decide on it because it is in excellent condition. It looks almost brand new. It has full bo...

Lurker52 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Brake controller install

I Need to install a brake controller on a 2018 coachmen leprechaun 27QB(chevy 4500 chassis). Does anyone know if there is a plug for it under the dash? It has the towing package w/7 pin plug at the rear with wires coming out of it, but I have been ...

Driving diesel in very HOT temps - 103+ and long grades

OK - new to me issue of excessive temps in the NW and needing to drive from Seattle to Spokane over Snoqualmie Pass and through the Vantage grade.(lots of long grades up and down) Temps are expected to top out at 105 the day I must drive. Looking ...

catkins by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Winter use HELP

Hello, hoping someone can help. I am going to have to start storing my RV (Class A Fleetwood Southwind) in an unheated storage unit. My issue is we use it in the winter for tailgating football games. Previously it was stored in a heated facility s...

RV Windows

Does anyone know if there is a company that fixes or replaces motorhome windows in Ontario, Canada. I live in the Hamilton area. My motorhome is a class A whose windows are starting to get moisture between the panes. Thank you for your help.

Johnpi21 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

The search begins....

We are finally nearing our life-long dream to retire and travel in a Class A RV. Having looked around not seriously over the last few years, we know of a few brands that we will look into more in depth. We have two years before we retire, so hope t...

short Class B for fulltime solo travel

I'm looking for a short Class B for fulltime solo travel. Google showed me the Roadtrek Versatile, which is a tad under 19'. Any experience with it, or thoughts about other models I should look at?

OnTaMove by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

How to find the right mechanic?

Last month I bought a 1983 Jambo which ran without issue, but after about a mile from where I bought it, the thing refused to run. It'd start, idle just fine, but any attempt to push the gas peddle resulted in a sudden stall. The tow driver suggested...

Slide won't come in

I have a 1999 National Tradewinds and the slide will not come in. It begins to move and then it seems as if the batteries seem to lose their umph. Question: Does the slide receive its power from the house batteries or the engine starter batteries. T...

howdy35 by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about TPMS

Regarding TPMS; On the rear, what do ya'll do about the inside dually. Mine has pretty short stems and I can't get my hand in the holes on the outside rim. I know I can remove the outside and have longer stems put on, but is there an alternative. ...

Tinstar by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Thoughts on 2005/2006 Cummins ISM 500/ Allison 4000?

My wife and I are seriously considering the purchase of a nice used 2006 Newmar Essex pusher with very low millage. I’m not familiar with the Cummins ISM but living in Colorado I really want a combination with the power to run in the mountains withou...

ISBRAM by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Replace RV door and screen door

I posted this on the Forest River forum and received a reply about salvage yards. I called the yards and no luck. Have also called Forest River and keep leaving messages which no one returns. Anyone have thoughts on how to get replacement doors for o...

Lou_Pat by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

EMS testing and work around

I think I have a bad EMS board on my 2004 HR Vacationer. Nothing in the coach works on shore power or the generator. I was working inside the coach while plugged into 50 amp power and everything just went off - both of the AC's, the ceiling lights, t...

RonWSl by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Any Jayco B Owners Here

We bought a 1999 Jayco B built on a Ford E250 van. Great shape but needs lots of mods to be what we want. I quickly found out Jayco Bs are an orphan and the online info seems pretty scares. I found a very short and not very helpful manual online but ...