Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electrical gremlin

Every motorhome has a house battery that runs all the 12 volt devices normally. I had an issue with my El Capitan that the devices would work intermittently, but would always work with the generator or shore line. After checking everything with a vol...

atsrmf by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Thor v Forest River

I have been researching and looking at GAS Class A's for a little over a year, and am ready to move ahead. I have narrowed down to two floorplans that meet my requirements. I know all RVs have good and bad issues. I am looking for information to hel...

new refrigerator in our 2014 33c bounder

We are having a Whirlpool 16 cubic foot refrigerator installed in our 2014 33C bounder by a dealer.I know that some of the newer units have this as mfg.installed unit.What are the leveling requirements for the motor home?Will it start and run on a 4 ...

Power Question to my Class A Thor Windsport

I just got my RV out of storage. I plugged it in to my home outlet to charge the batteries. I converted with adapters from 15 to 30 to 50 amp just to get the charge going. My surge protected made the usual clunking noise and wouldn't allow any power ...

Meffrig by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire pressure extenders and TPMS

I have a Bounder 35K with flexible metal wrapped tire pressure extenders on the inside tires. They come out through a rubber gasket in one of the outside tire rims but get next to the rim on the tire. I have TST 407 sensors which I used on my fifth...

TPMS

I'm considering adding a tire pressure monitoring system to our Class C mainly so I can monitor tire pressures on our toad. What system do you use if any and which type of sensor works best on the inside duals, flow through or the more compact theft ...

Geeze by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

rvtires

I now am parking my class a rv in a enclosed rv garage with no back door and concrete floors.My question, is it better to park on the bare floor or use plywoods pads below the tires? thank you.

ggrotz by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Correct AIr filter

time to replace the Air filter, thought it was Donaldson PN P533930 which is just the element, My filter is housed in what appears to be a sealed metal container. Can someone give me a sanity check on this PN# and or does the container open some how....

How to read a digital multimeter, to measure batteries

I have a "Sperry DM-210A" digital multimeter and I'm trying to measure the voltage of my RV batteries.I'm trying to measure the voltage on a 6volt battery (golf cart battery) and a 12V deep cycle battery. When I use the meter, it has 2 different num...

Bounder 1995 34A Gas

I think my fuel/gas has turned. It has been about 8 months since I put the present fuel in the tank. I did add red stable but because of a series of health issues we have not been able to go out in the RV, just start it in the storage yard each month...

tunabob by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Changing accelerator pedal E450 superduty

Anyone changed an accelerator pedal. On my 2009 it is mounted the right side of the foot well against the engine casing. Bolts appear to go onto a second back plate and the back one looks inaccessible to get it off the plate. It is NOT the type fitte...

Flexsteel and Newmar

My "ultraleather" Flexsteel seats flaking and chipping worsening each year in my 2010 Newmar Bay Star. Flexsteel says Newmar purchased a lesser quality material and have received many complaints. This particular material has been discontinued accord...

Roof top AC units

The roof AC units on my 06 Mountain Air gas motor home are losing there cooling capacity. Can they be recharged or do they need to be replaced

JCMack by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes