Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

From 5er to class A, why?

How many of you moved from a 5er to a class A and why? I have ruled out a class C and TT so a DP 40 or a higher grade 5er appeals to me but as someone who has not rv'd before, I'm struggling to know which I would like better as a part time rver. I ...

tealboy by Explorer
  • 84 replies
  • 0 likes

lighting

does anyone know if there is replacement led bulb for a DOMETIC refrigerator , I got thru amazon but it is a little shorter, cant one the same size thanks!

Placement low point drains on 2005 Mtn Aire gas

This is a new rig to me since this summer, want to winterize and have two questions, 1) where in the heck is the low point drain to pull to empty the pipes of water and 2) how do you winterize a washing machine, just draw the antifreeze into the wash...

RVER by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Custom Sofa/recliners for Tuscany 4056 40 foot diesel

I am looking for a replacement sofa or recliners for my 2008 Tuscany 4056 diesel pusher. The problem I am running into is finding a sofa or recliners that fit within the space. The width of the slide out has a ledge across the length of the slide out...

arehma by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Checking Your E350 & E450 For Power-Robbing Mistake

There is one thing you will want to check for on your E350 or E450, something that will rob power and reduce your fuel economy. It is a very easy mistake for a mechanic to reassemble incorrectly, and it is very easy for you to inspect for.Make sure ...

Weep Hole Covers

Lost a weep hole cover on our Tiffin, looks like it was glued on not using caulk. What I am wanting to know is what others have used to put them back on and is Tiffin the only place to buy them?Thanks for all comments

New class A gas without bedroom slide

Trying to help my FIL identify some Class A gas units that may work for him. He needs a bed that is useable while driving for my MIL. Also a bathroom that easily accessible ( ie not blocked by a slide ) while traveling. Any new or newer units like...

Txsurfer by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Holding tank treatment

Which of these three do you think is the best holding tank treatment?Happy Campers Odorless Holding Tank Treatment Pure Power Blue Holding Tank TreatmentBio-Active Holding Tank Treatment Something elseI know to use plenty of water and it's a holding ...

Tinstar by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Geico Claim AFTER blowout

Last April I had a blowout on the rear inside dual. We were on I-10 outside Tonopah, Arizona. A call to Geico Roadside "service" was anything but. They wanted to tow us back to Phoenix. This would require a flatbed trailer and cost roughly $1100. I f...

Majestic 19G - Weigh in

Was on my way camping the other day and came upon a free scale so decided to weigh the rig. Waste tanks empty, water tank almost full, fridge full, a medium selection of clothes and camper gear. Two bikes on the rear rack & my son and I in the vehic...

Photomike by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Lazy Daze Class C winterizing

I have a 1995 Lazy Daze 26 1/2' class C motorhome. The bath & shower rooms are in the middle and an island bed in the back. My problem is that I want to winterize the unit, (first time for me), and I cannot find access to the water pump or the valves...

FULL TIMING

I met a couple a few days ago who have been Full timing for 44 years. They have raised their children and home schooled them in a RV. Is that a record or what. Apparently they haven't lived in anything except RV's al their married lives.