Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beautiful and COOL Oregon Coast!

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
The Oregon Coast is spectacular!

The weather here is perfect. Temperatures touched the low 80s yesterday. Light wind. Mid 50s at night great sleeping weather.

Parks are full for the most part in our area. Looks like it will be a fine 4TH of July. Fireworks on the beach and all the natural beauty one could stand.

Mostly 70-80 predicted for the next 10 days.

This is truly an RV Paradise! Beauty and perfect weather.

Pogoil.
18 REPLIES 18

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
72 today and the 10 day looks to be 70s and 80s.

Perfect.

MaverickBBD
Explorer
Explorer
We left Newport a week ago after four days of rain. It was the first real rain we saw since last October. Went up the road to Astoria/Warrenton. It is gorgeous ! Played 9 on Thursday, 18 yesterday and hopefully another 18 today. Hoping for a couple of days of less crowds before the holiday.
Tom, Cheryl & Blossom(coonhound mix)
'05 Winnebago Journey 36G w/Cat. C-7 350 hp Freightliner XC
AFE air filter, aero turbine muffler, 4 FSD Konis, ultra track bell crank and Safe-T-Plus
FMCA 397030
WIT 129107

FuzzyKnight
Explorer
Explorer
We are off the 19th for a month in Tillamook.
Fuzzy and Mary
1994 Pace Arrow 33
1928 Model A
1953 Ford Club Coupe
1963 1/2 Falcon Ranchero Original factory V8 4 spd
1963 Fairlane SportsCoupe
1965 Honda SuperHawk

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Oh no, now you did it! The parks are already crowded enough without added advertisement!! 🙂
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Oh no, now you did it! The parks are already crowded enough without added advertisement!! 🙂
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
supercub wrote:
80 degrees? you must be freezing. Need to come to Modesto CA where it was 107 yesterday and suppose to be 109-111 degrees today. LOL. Wish I was up in Oregon where it's nice and cool, and beautiful. If you're going to Florence, watch the southern approach to the bridge on 101, I hit the cement walkway a few years back and blew a rear tire and bent a rim.
Brian

Worked all over Stanislaus County, lived in Turlock.

I remember 11 days straight triple digits. Cannot say I miss the crowded valley or climate. Really like it here in Oregon.

Pogoil.

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
delete

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
n7bsn wrote:
eh? we are headed to Gold Beach and their forecast bares little resemblance to yours...
The Weather Channel says it starts at 72 today, warms to 76 on Tues and cools to 67 by next Sunday
MyForecast.com says 71 today, 74 on Tues and cools to 58 by next Sunday (I don't buy that one).
NOAA says 71 today, 75 Tuesday and 70 on Sunday.

But all with lots of sun.

BTW, what fireworks? We go because of Oregon's ban on fireworks (camp with friends with PTSD)

Try wunderground.com Port Orford. One thing is for sure any where you look it can change. Hot in the Valley can bring fog to the coast.
Especially in Brookings, and Gold Beach, not as bad in Port Orford.

By the way it can be 66 by the ocean and 80 1 mile inland.

Fire work shows in Gold Beach and Port Orford. Not sure about Bandon and Brookings.

Have a great 4th.

Pogoil.

SacsTC
Explorer
Explorer
supercub wrote:
80 degrees? you must be freezing. Wish I was up in Oregon where it's nice and cool, and beautiful. If you're going to Florence, watch the southern approach to the bridge on 101, I hit the cement walkway a few years back and blew a rear tire and bent a rim.
Brian

But at least they're nice and provide a large area to pull over once you get across the bridge!!!!!!!!!!!!
1999 Damon Daybreak 3270
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
I was a good kid, now I'm making up for it

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
We spend our summers up here just for that reason. 60's most of the time with an occasional 70's mixed in for a day or two per month (we got up to a whopping 72 yesterday). Most of the rain is pretty much done with for the rest of the summer, but I suspect we will have some more.

Ban on fireworks....? Haven't heard that one before. We have multiple fireworks stands here at Newport, so it sure isn't an issue here. However, I do wish that the people who use fireworks would restrict their usage to the fourth of July.

Pogoil.. where are you located?

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
Get there Tuesday at Winchester Bay. 7 days of 100+ degrees at home forecast.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
We are headed there in 3 weeks, I can hardly wait.

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
80 degrees? you must be freezing. Need to come to Modesto CA where it was 107 yesterday and suppose to be 109-111 degrees today. LOL. Wish I was up in Oregon where it's nice and cool, and beautiful. If you're going to Florence, watch the southern approach to the bridge on 101, I hit the cement walkway a few years back and blew a rear tire and bent a rim.
Brian

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
I have no knowledge of specific fireworks bans by Oregon cities. But just got back yesterday from a week on the coast. And can tel you there are firework stands all up and down 101. So must be legal at least in some places in Oregon