cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bedroom tv

srgt30
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all. I usually am in the TH section but a buddy is having a problem so thought I'd asks the experts here. He just bought a 2007 Fleetwood Revolution and we can get the front and outside TVs to work but get absolutely nothing on the rear TV. It has the selector box in the from cabinet for sat-ant-cable etc. And no matter what no signal. Could the box be bad or is there a different system for the rear. We've tried all the obvious with no luck. What are your thoughts. Thanks
2011 3500 dually
Cyclone 3800
13 REPLIES 13

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am going out on a limb hear and bet you a cold one that the tvs in the 2007 are digital.
Bill

Goldencrazy wrote:
At that time they were flat but ot digital. I had flat screens early on and was shocked they were not digital.
[

ote=WILDEBILL308]
Goldencrazy wrote:
First he needs a digital conversion box to get over the air so that is starting point.

Why would he need a digital convershion box on a 2007? My 2003 came with digital flat screen tvs.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
tcolburn wrote:
Well. Lots of possibilities here. I had a similar issue and it turned out that I had to go into the "setup" menu on the bedroom TV itself. This was some time ago, so I don't recall the exact settings that I ended up changing, but if you're used to setting up televisions with various input devices you might discover that it's a simple fix.

--Tim

That could be the anser. I had a hard time finding the propper set up when I first tryed to get mine to work. Finalley found how to do all the setup on the tv. The tv has to match what the box is set for, cable over the air or sat.
Bill
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

tcolburn
Explorer
Explorer
Well. Lots of possibilities here. I had a similar issue and it turned out that I had to go into the "setup" menu on the bedroom TV itself. This was some time ago, so I don't recall the exact settings that I ended up changing, but if you're used to setting up televisions with various input devices you might discover that it's a simple fix.

--Tim
Liz & Tim Colburn
'04 Fleetwood Revolution 40C
Park Forest, IL

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
At that time they were flat but ot digital. I had flat screens early on and was shocked they were not digital.
[

ote=WILDEBILL308]
Goldencrazy wrote:
First he needs a digital conversion box to get over the air so that is starting point.

Why would he need a digital convershion box on a 2007? My 2003 came with digital flat screen tvs.
Bill

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad connector in the bedroom for me too. Cut it off and crimped on a new one and worked just fine.
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Goldencrazy wrote:

Bill
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
-Mark Twain

GTN_and_Catz
Explorer
Explorer
😉 What JackMS said.

That's what I did. Simple and easy diagnosis. Turned out to be a bad (shorted) connector.
Gene
2003 36' Rexhall RexAir
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Demco Kar Kaddy SS
Blue Ox Aventa II
2 Ragdolls
1 Tabby

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Is there an RF Converter in there somewhere? They seem to burn out easily.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

JackMS
Explorer
Explorer
You can check the selector box by disconnecting the " antenna in " cable and the cable out to the rear tv and connect them together. Could be a bad cable in the wall somewhere. Hook a new cable to the rear tv connection and run it to the rear tv. Or just connect your front tv to the selector box rear tv connection. That will also test your selector box.
2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune 34pdd, Cummins ISB 300, Allison 2500MH, Onan 8.0QD
Prior Toad-2001 Chevy 2500 CC 4WD
Toad-2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Aventa II

2ndhom
Explorer
Explorer
There is an inexpensive checking device you can buy from Radio Shack. When hooked up to the coax it will beep if a signal is detected.

UltraKen
Explorer
Explorer
I put a splitter between the conversion box and the distribution panel. For some who want to watch different programming on the tvs at the same time two conversion boxes would be required.
UltraKen
Ex - 1968 Ultra Van
NOW - 1996 Safari Sahara 35' - Model 3530 - Cat 300
Pictures of my Coach
A $93 Rear Camera System
My take on replacing tires
Used MH Checklist
Toad: Dodge Grand Caravan on Tow Dolly or 1981 Vespa on utility trailer

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Check that the cable for the bedroom TV is actually connected to the box and the TV.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer