Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best "A". For under $350,000

KHJPHOTO
Explorer
Explorer
Prefer to buy new, but would consider late model used, low mileage. Looking
For your input, and of course diesel pusher.

Thanks
21 REPLIES 21

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm with Bussskipper, without knowing more about you're RV history and use $350K is a lot to spend on a DP. Even though you've been on here since 05 , your five other posts do not tell me much.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
sdianel wrote:
Entegra is now owned by Jayco.

......and Jayco is now owned by Thor. ๐Ÿ˜ž

http://ir.thorindustries.com/press-releases/press-release-details/2016/Thor-Announces-Acquisition-of...
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Country Coach. Join the Country Coach Yahoo group. Someone just mentioned they were selling an Inspire. We have a 2004 Allure and full time. We have 130,000 miles on it. For newer models: Foretravel, Essex, Newell and American Coach might be worth a look. We also like Entegra models but don't have any input as to quality. There are some good reviews online. Entegra is now owned by Jayco.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
KHJPHOTO wrote:

Thanks

Not sure if you are familiar with RV markups but you can get a lot of motorhome for $350,000. If the window sticker price is $475,000 you can get that price down to around $350,000. There are many good products out there but being a Tiffin fan I would throw the Allegro Bus in the mix.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

JetAonly
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
A used Prevost will be a dramatically better RV than any "late model, low mileage" fiberglass RV.
Why?

Bill is right! In every way except perhaps cost. You can buy cheaper, but not better.

For a start a Prevost chassis is roll over safe, if it comes to that. They retain value like nothing else. You have a choice of interior options from mild to wild, even in used. They drive like a tour bus because they are with outboard airbags and air leveling. 20KW Gen sets are common, Aqua Hot and so on. Even Country Coach and Monaco converted some. DD60 for power, some have steerable tag axles, 12 speed transmission. And on and on. World class paint.
2000 Monaco Dynasty
ISC350

az99
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
A used Prevost will be a dramatically better RV than any "late model, low mileage" fiberglass RV.
Why?

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
KHJPHOTO wrote:

Thanks

Need a lot more information to even begin to make a suggestion much more just give advice.

Seriously - what to you plan on doing?

What are your experience in the RV industry/Do you Camp out - Tail gate - Travel - Love to Drive - Enjoy a week or weeks at a destination - will you use it in the winter - will friends brr with you? Grand kids? - do you want a sleek ultra modern style or a traditional - this is just short list of the info you need to compile/think about before you even begin looking.

If people are giving you suggestions it likely is coming from there own dreams/desires not yours.

Figure out what you plan on using the Coach for and re-ask the Question, if you really need/want serious input.

JMHO,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Willys_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
I may be wrong, but I would look for a low mileage 07 model, no power robbing emission control or DEF to mess with.

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
I would opt for an older model Newell coach over any others.
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Peralko
Explorer
Explorer
For $350k, you can buy a 2003 Prevost--Marathon as a nice one for that price. A Prevost will be so superior to any other coach you can get in that price range. We have friends that traded their 2013 Entegra Anthem on a 2000 Prevost. Why? Driving a Prevost is a totally different experience.
Peralko
USAF Retired
2000 Prevost Marathon H3-45
2006 Nissan Maxima

Crespro
Explorer
Explorer
Here are two coaches -- one Prevost and one Newell.

http://www.prevost-stuff.com/2004PrevostRoyaleXLII_Legacy610.html

http://www.rvt.com/Newell-2000i-2005-La-Vergne-TN-ID6892051-UX134812

It would be interesting if our Prevost and Newell owners would comment on the characteristics of these coaches. They are typical of the $350,000 range if the OP decides to look at used high-end coaches.

Crespro

P.S. I was in Costa Mesa in May, and thought about visiting California Coach. I did not because I am not yet ready to upgrade. But if I were in California and looking at Prevost or Newell, I would spend an afternoon there learning about these coaches. http://www.californiacoachcompany.com/
Crespro 2021 Grand Design 310GK-R, 2020 F250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
KHJPHOTO wrote:
Thanks for the input. Time to visit EBay and others.

Mr. KHJPHOTO,

Don't even think of buying a Prevost without joining www.prevostcommunity.com.

You will learn everything 'Prevost' and what to lookout for and what to avoid.

An under-loved Prevost could cost you tens of thousands to make it roadworthy.

The site is free but you will have to be approved as they try their best to avoid 'trolls'. You will learn more than you ever thought possible.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You'd save a LOT of money by buying used. Newmar, of course!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Joatha
Explorer
Explorer
Bluebird Wanderlodge
2001 Bluebird Wanderlodge LX ME