cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best RV parks near Raleigh/Durham NC?

edwardnjen
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at the Good Sam lists and other resources, it looks like the Raleigh/Durham area is a little light in RV parks. Can anyone recommend a park they have had good experiences with a Class A?
8 REPLIES 8

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
NC fairgrounds would be the closest to Raleigh, not like a regular camp ground because the sites are all over the grounds.

Theres a small CG on old highway 64 east, right at the edge of Raleigh, behind Bill Plemmons RV World. You can see some of the CG if you looking at the rvs for sale, but I've never been into the CG so I'm guessing on the small size.

For ease though, the NC fair grounds would be the easiest.
Neil

There is one near the NC Zoo in Asheboro---50 + mi from Raleigh. There are others but they are hard to find.....

wohtex
Explorer
Explorer
We spent 3 months at Spring Hill Park year before last and found it to be one of the best parks we have ever been at. But if you consider them better call and make a reservation as they stay pretty full.

Bill
2017 Sunlight V-1
Ram Promaster Van

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
There are a few worth visiting, depending how far you want to drive and what amenities you're looking for.
1) Crosswinds CG at Jordan Lake SP. This is a beautiful wooded campground with a variety of camp sites. You can make reservations online and actually see pictures of the sites. They offer water & 30A power, no sewer at the sites, though there is a dump site there. They lock the gate at 8:00 pm.
2) Smithfield KOA at Exit 90 off I-95. This CG was recently bought out, but it is a beautiful park with a nice swimming pool. There is a large outlet mall nearby. Smithfield is about 30 minutes South of Raleigh.
3) Fayetteville RV Resort (formerly Wade KOA) This is a really nice CG with 2 swimming pools, lots of shade, and nice size sites. It's located at exit 61 off I-95. It takes about 60 minutes to get here from Raleigh.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Grampsgoat
Explorer
Explorer
Our daughter lives in the Raleigh Durham area and we spent a week at Spring hill RV Park. This is an older mobile home park that has been converted to an RV park. This is a quiet out of the way park. We will go back.

link http://springhillpark.com/

JCMSr
Explorer
Explorer
Samsphones is correct that there are no "campgrounds' in Raleigh. The NC State Fairgrounds has added about 100 full hookup pads easily large enough for our 43' Class A. The best sites are in the area just behind the Hunt Horse Complex. All sites are on a first come/first serve basis but we have never had a problem finding a site (unless you choose to visit during the State Fair in October). You can check the NC State Fairgrounds schedule of events online at their website to see what they have scheduled during your planned visit.

Other that the fairgrounds you are limited to either Jordon Lake or Falls Lake State parks with water and power only - no sewer. If you choose to stay further away there are one or two parks in the Durham/Chapel Hill/Hillsborough areas.
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2011 Chevy Tahoe
D-celerator unified tow brake
Blue Ox Aventa II tow bar

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
PandK wrote:
Don't overlook the County Fair Grounds. Not a destination by any means but good utilities and easy access to the Interstates.
He means the NC State fairgrounds, there are no campgrounds in Raleigh. The nearest are at Jordan Lake and then toward Wilson or Smithfield.

PandK
Explorer
Explorer
Don't overlook the County Fair Grounds. Not a destination by any means but good utilities and easy access to the Interstates.
Paul and Karla
Jose, Tequila & Ella - Our Spoiled Rotten Chihauhuas
2007 Beaver Patriot Thunder Winchester 45'
2013 Chevy Traverse