cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown Spots on RV Awning ($2.97 SOLUTION)

wildsportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Sportsmen 5VR and I rolled out my awning and it had these STUBBORN Brown Spots (almost looked like blood stains that were deep in Awning fabric) all over my Awning. :M I tried Bleach, Vinegar, Goo GONE, Mineral Spirits, Awesome, Tilex, Oxyclean, you name it I tried it.....NOTHING WORKED!

Last night I went to Wally World and bought a $2.97 spray bottle of PURPLE POWER Industrial Strength Cleaner/Degreaser.....and SHAZAAAM! Brown Spots were GONE!

This is what I did: I wet the top/bottom of Awning, I sprayed the whole bottle on the top/bottom of Awning, I rolled up the Awning over night so that the Purple Power can soak, I rolled out Awning this morning and 95% of the Brown Spots were GONE! I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER! 🙂 I will probably soak my Awning 1X more time before the winter!

I hope this helps YOU! GOOD LUCK!
23 REPLIES 23

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
gbopp wrote:
Apparently subtle sales ads are okay on the forum. 😉
delete wrong thread

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently subtle sales ads are okay on the forum. 😉

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
RedG wrote:
...I cleaned my Cabela's outside smoker which has a green enameled paint on it and it dulled the heck out of the paint. It actually ate the gloss off of it....
No problem, just coat it with ZEP high gloss floor polish. (Which also comes in a purple container)
IRV2

RedG
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be careful about putting Purple Power anywhere on my coach.
I cleaned my Cabela's outside smoker which has a green enameled paint on it and it dulled the heck out of the paint. It actually ate the gloss off of it. I definitely wouldn't want that stuff running down the sidewalls of my coach. It will also dull the finish on polished aluminum.
2005 Newmar Dutch Star 4024 DP 370 Cummins
Towing my 2012 Malibu w/Blue Ox towbar & Patriot brake system

wildsportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman,

You must have way TOO much time on your hands! LOL! Sell THIS!

wildsportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
All,

Yes this is a Degreaser! Forgot to mention, that I did dilute the Purple Power 6:1 H20. I sprayed it on the Awning Fabric....not my Fifth Wheel Paint job.

I just posted a link to Wal-Mart.....with all the Reviews/Specs about this product. This product is used for several household chores......let me know if you have additional questions.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess today must be selling day.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wildsportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.walmart.com/ip/16879847?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227000000000&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=42423897272&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=18283950120&veh=sem

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
You don't want to get Purple Power on paint it can damage a paint surface. It's used largely as a engine degreaser!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Walmart and Sams didn't have it. Oh well. I know rv.net is the happening place but I seriously doubt that he moved the market with this post. 🙂

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
I want to know more about the OP's familiarity with how blood stains look on an awning. :B

And where he got the idea of rolling it up. :B
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I want to know more about the OP's familiarity with how blood stains look on an awning. :B

Road_Dog
Explorer
Explorer
Scrubbing Bubbles! Spray on wipe off,then wipe with wet towel!

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Joined today, selling.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman