cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brown Spots on RV Awning ($2.97 SOLUTION)

wildsportsmen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Sportsmen 5VR and I rolled out my awning and it had these STUBBORN Brown Spots (almost looked like blood stains that were deep in Awning fabric) all over my Awning. :M I tried Bleach, Vinegar, Goo GONE, Mineral Spirits, Awesome, Tilex, Oxyclean, you name it I tried it.....NOTHING WORKED!

Last night I went to Wally World and bought a $2.97 spray bottle of PURPLE POWER Industrial Strength Cleaner/Degreaser.....and SHAZAAAM! Brown Spots were GONE!

This is what I did: I wet the top/bottom of Awning, I sprayed the whole bottle on the top/bottom of Awning, I rolled up the Awning over night so that the Purple Power can soak, I rolled out Awning this morning and 95% of the Brown Spots were GONE! I am ONE HAPPY CAMPER! 🙂 I will probably soak my Awning 1X more time before the winter!

I hope this helps YOU! GOOD LUCK!
23 REPLIES 23

Jerallen
Explorer
Explorer
From the MSDS: Handling: General handling: avoid breathing vapor. Do not get in eyes, on skin or clothing. Do not swallow. Keep
container closed. Use with adequate ventilation. Wash thoroughly after handling. Keep away from reactive metals
and acids.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are some directions for the stuff
"INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING PURPLE POWER TO REMOVE PAINT FROM PLASTIC MODELS (cars, planes, trains, etc.): Just place your model in a glass or plastic container (no aluminum, copper, or galvanized containers as Purple Power will react with these metals) large enough that it can be covered with Purple Power and left to soak in it. Enamel paint requires a 1 to 2 day soak and lacquer paint requires a 2 day to one week soak. When removing the models wear latex gloves to protect your skin. Then with a toothbrush, and over a sink, brush paint from cracks and crevices using a flow of tap water to help dislodge them and wash the paint and Purple Power away. BEFORE REPAINTING, Let the model soak in water for a day and then wash with warm soapy water and rinse. This will ensure that all traces of the Purple Power are removed and won't affect new paint.

SO LETS BE CAREFUL OUT THERE
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
Softscrub
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

Jerallen
Explorer
Explorer
Watch what else it takes off as it streaks down your rig.

Bruce_Brown
Effy wrote:
Wait, did I just get swindled?

New member, joined today, first post - maybe????

Although it does sound like a good idea.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Wait, did I just get swindled?
2013 ACE 29.2

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the tip. May have to try that. Ours is only a year old and has a lot of spots, presumably from mildew.
2013 ACE 29.2

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I need to do mine before we leave and have wondered what to try next because I think I have tried everything you have except Tilex. Great idea with rolling it back up too.

Mfan
Explorer
Explorer
Meet your sales quota for the month yet?